When you are after an easy solution to creating a toolpath fast and painlessly RAMS Software is the way to go.

Input to this program includes: Corel Draw files exported as either *.dxf or *.eps; CAD (and other programs) files in *.dxf format; HPGL files in the *.plt format; STL and SLA Rhino or other 3D program output as *.stl or *.sla format; other program files as input to RAMS Software includes *.cnc; *.igs; *.vda.

I personally am a very poor learner when it comes to very technically oriented programs. I have used Corel Draw for a number of years for the purpose of printing. I now have found a program that works similarly to what I needed to do to get camera ready output from Corel Draw.

I start by designing the layout in Corel Draw (or whatever you are comfortable with), then export the file to an .eps format (seems cleaner than .dxf), then open the .eps file in Rams Software, select the item(s) that I want to cut and run a wizard (good, no thinking) to select the bit, the depth and type of cut that I want. I then hit a button which generates the shopbot file with an extension of .sbp. I can also see a graphic presentation of the toolpath before or after I generate the Shopbot files.

It is the only package that I have been able to learn and use in a matter of days, but like I said I'm not the brightest light under the stars!

I have found that the support has been amazing, by phone, no less! I just wish to express my thanks to David Ford of RAMS Software for this excellent, easy to use program.

If you are interested there is a demo package that actually creates toolpaths without spending money. You've got fifteen days after the download! Check it out at http://www.rams-software.com

I think that you will be very surprized, especially at the price. 2D with v-bit text and graphics carving is $795 and 3D with all of the 2D package features and true 3D cutting capability is only $995. Rams Software is also a dealer for Rhino's modeling package.

I hope that this helps you! (no, I don't have any affiliation with Rams Software, except for ordering it real soon).

Enjoy