Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for volunteer software reviewers

It seems to me that the best place to have this is totally away from this forum. I think the forum admin enforces rules set down by shopbot and in cases their own attitudes which conflict with a majority of people here. I am very frustrated by the "50k rule". I would love to be able to post big pictures to show off the detail of my work, elsewhere i can.
    Maybe they should put up a poll and ask what speed internet connection most people have. If they find a majority have higher connections then increase the posting limit.
    If they say they don't have the storage space I know where you can get 1 gig bandwidth or more with unlimited storage for $2.-5.00/month.
    In the alternative have a seperate folder for "High Speed Virtual Show and Tell" where those of us who have high speed lines and want to post large files with lots of detail can post in there and those who are still in the internet stone age with 56k connections won't be affected.

I know this can be done but can't explain it right off but another alternative might be to post your 50k picture as you normally do but then if you click on it, it is linked to the bigger version in the high speed folder.
    There are tons of alternatives and great suggestions we all thought of to do things better here, none of which have been implemented so far.
    How bout starting with a poll or survey? If anyone is interested in setting something up where we can display our work without the 50k constraints imposed here I would be willing to put in some work designing and setting it up. If others have better solutions but need help i'd volunteer to help.

John,

You can get a free Flickr account that will let you upload 100 megs of pictures a month, or an unlimited account for around $25 a year. Then upload your pictures to Flickr and link to them from a forum posting.

There are lots of other photo sites if you don't like Flickr...Ed Lang uses SmugMug I think...but Flickr is the only one I'm familiar with.

I'm not sure why some people have issues with the 50k limit. If you look at the size of the pix I post on the Forum regularly you'll see that they are pretty large, yet they all meet the 50k limit. Yes I DO use Photoshop/Image Ready to create these pix, but I'm sure there are other software packages capable of doing the same...

Google and Yahoo both offer such features too... and more.

Yes Bill, I use SmugMug and have so for years. It is just the ticket for me and my pictures. I can password folders or make them public.

If anyone would like to see, follow the below link

http://www.kc4ylx.smugmug.com