Thread: Detail in Aspire

Default Detail in Aspire

I have been noticing that the 'Vector Art 3D'have less detail when carved using Aspire than when using Cut3D. I was wondering if anyone else came across this phenomenon? If so did you find a solution to it?
    Butch

Reply from James Booth:

Butch

I had chance to take a look and compare the VCarve Pro and the Aspire models this morning. I am pretty sure I know what is causing the slight difference. It does come down to the resolution, (not of the monitor) but of the model in Aspire. When you setup a new model or if you click on the Job setup icon you will see a setting called “Modeling Resolution” this is by default set to Standard (which is what it is set to in your part). This is applied across the entire work area of your part in Aspire, so when you have your job setup like you do with the actual 3D covering a small part of the whole then this can affect the quality of detail. In VCP the toolpath is already calculated on a specific area in another program so this is not an issue. I will go on to explain how you can make this better in a moment but if you look on this thread you can see a general discussion of Aspire Resolution and download a document which explains the technical aspects involved in it:

http://www.vectric.com/forum/viewtop...=28&t=4393

In your situation you have two main choices:

1 The first would be to set up your part so it only covered an area a little bigger than the part you are looking to cut, in your case Approx 10 x 15 inches, this would focus the all the available resolution in that area and give you a higher quality model when you calculated the toolpath. You can move the actual position of this using the Origin Offset in the Job setup to still get the correct coordinates for placement on your machine. This would require a new setup for this part.

2 I did a quick experiment with your file. I deleted the working model (this is linked to the modeling resolution). Then I went into the Job Setup and change the Modeling Resolution to Very High, the I switched on the relevant Components (which are not linked until you make them part of the working model or calc a toolpath) and re-calculated the toolpaths. Looking at the preview I would say the detail was equal to the preview in VCP. So I would suggest perhaps trying this first as a quick test and running the toolpath If this works then it is a solution for the future but I would say option 1 is preferable for most jobs as it will focus all the resolution on the part you are making rather than spread it across larger areas not being used and so not require a super high resolution which will slow down your calculations.

Thanks James

I wanted to post this, so others that have noticed the difference could benifit from the efforts of James and others at Vector Art 3d and Vetric.

Butch