Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Artcam or Rhino

Thanks Ralph.

Still, those are rather basic tool set to edit and model mesh object... still an improvement anyway.

Martin,

Blender export quite a bunch of model (file) formats; see it under 'File/Export/' Menu. You can even convert an object of about any kind to another kind in Blender itself.

I've exported Blender models as .stl to bring into Millwizard for carving: http://becausewecan.org/node/179

Cut3D would be the better choice now, but at the time I didn't know about it.

Blender itself has no CAM abilities. However, it does have a very nice API, that's all Python and open, so it's not like someone couldn't write a plugin ala RhinoCAM for it someday.

Seriously rhino4 is coming out anyday here a quick look a the update with short video of many command .It will explain nurbs a lot better than I could ever do http://www.rhino3d.com/4/editing.htm

I would not want to influence anyone even less my friend ,at best inform them so they can make their own choice. Face it would you have buy part wizzard? I posted this pic once made with (zbrush) www.mechmate.com/Forum/messages/32/688.jpg The link is here on the forum it is free . .All this cnc is relativly new even to 3 or 4 yearold oldtimer. We dont know what is next ,But I would like to take my software with me, after all the time I spend to learn it. This is my last post in this forum, I leave you with this page full of great artist, maybe you in a near future
    www.scantech.dk/showpage.asp?page=348&root=3

Salut
    Normand Blais

What do you mean, take the software with you. Also, Rhino 4 is not combatable with CAM programs yet, John at Rhino said it would be several months to get this corrected.

Hello guys, I am new to this blog site, so I apologize.

I own a machine shop, and have a couple VF-4 Superspeed 3-axis CNC milling machines. I generally use Surfcam CAD/CAM software because my customers want precision-machined component parts. However, I have some personal projects that are more "artist" driven that I would like to make. I bought a seat of Artcam Pro v.5.509c a few years ago, but have come to the realization that my brain does not work with the artistic software very well.

Is there anyone that would like to work together in regards to software design work exchanged for some of my CNC time? I would also be willing to pay for for some Artcam design work without a trade. Or, I would also entertain the thought of trading my Artcam software for a set amount of design work. I also have a seat of MillWizard to generate code on the finished design work, if converting into another format for my Surfcam is too much hassle.

If anyone is interested in any of these options, please e-mail me directly, as I will probably not check this blog as often. My e-mail is jdebruin@new.rr.com
    Thanks,
    John De Bruin

open source software, modelling and rendering
    hi,
    posting in a very old post.sorry i just saw this and thought i post this FYI.
    news about Blender , open source software.
    the "blender foundation" in amsterdam just has made a full animation movie called BIG BUCK BUNNY, done in Blender, competing with studios like pixar.its in the pre_selection for Cannes filmfestival.Costs 150.000 euro!(with help of amongst others sun microsystems, sponsoring )Next month the movie can be downloaded on internet.Use of caracters etc. is free. no "restrictions".(this is a summary of a local newspaper article, sat.19 april, het parool amsterdam,netherlands,).
    grt.
    dingenis