Thread: File Reverse SBF to DXF

Default File Reverse SBF to DXF

Well, I have good news and bad. I just got a great new office computer, fast as the dickens. In getting my programs and files loaded onto it, I somehow screwed up massively, and deleted my entire parts directory. Then I formated the drive in preparation for a clean Windows install, sealing my fate. The files are gone.

Form a single line to kick me for not backing these up.

Meanwhile, on to recovery. I do have a lot of the files already made into SBP cut files on the Shopbot computer. I need these to be back into DXF files so I can modify them as I need to. They are all files made for DOS Bot ver 2.38.

Can I convert these from SBP files to DXF files? They are all 2D files, no 3d sign stuff that I care to recover.

I read some older threads that suggest it can be done, and that Shopbot was working on reverse engineering software.

I'm not trying to reverse anyone's file but my own- no copyright fiddlefaddle going on here. I just want to recover a great many hours of work at Corel Draw and Enroute.

Geesh. OK. Start kicking.

Wayne from White Salmon

Wayne,

(KICK) If you have Vector (KICK) you can backplot them (KICK) and then save as a .dxf (KICK) or you can try the UX_SBP.exe that is located in the (KICK) ShopBot 3\bin directory (KICK)

Now, repeat after me. I will always make a backup.

Scott

Wayne

If these files were important it is possible to recover them even though you have formatted the drive. A company called Ontrack makes software for this purpose. I had used it very successfully in the past. It will work even if you reformatted and rewrote the disk again. But of course you may still have problems finding some of the files if they were overwritten. But since the data files typically don't take up the majority of the disk space there is a good possibility you can recover all the files. They have trial software that you can try to see if they are recoverable before you purchase. Anyway here's a link to their site if you want to try it. http://www.ontrack.com/easyrecoveryprofessional/

I'm downloading the ontrack software now. If it works, it will save me alot of hours.
    Thanks for the help.

W

Wayne

I'll keep my fingers crossed. Your chances are very good that it will work. As I said all you have to hope for is that you haven't overwritten the files. I have made about a half a dozen recoveries. Two of them were major. But it appeared that in every case I recovered most if not all that I thought I had lost.

Wayne,

If the recovery stuff does not work, you _CAN_ convert your SBP files to DXF. Download the latest ShopBot driver software and you will see a new converter called UX_SBP. This will convert 2D ShopBot files to DXF and G-code.

Good luck,

Bruce