Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vcpro upgrade

Default Vcpro upgrade

I just upgraded to vcp 5. created a tool path and went to save toolpath. but do not know which post processor to choose.

i have prs standard....do i choose the ShopBot (arcs)(inch)(*.sbp)

Any of the Shopbot inch files will work, the one with arcs will create code for curves instead of step circles. This makes for shorter code and should make smoother circles though I can't tell the difference on my Alpha.

The SB with speed control is also available if you have a spindle. You'll want the spindle control board to go with that. Changes the RPM's on the fly.

/RB

Why can't I copy a part in vcp5 and open a new file in vcp5 and paste the object? It just doesn't work? Am I nuts?

Chuck,
    Copy and Pasting between 2 copies of VCP 5 certainly works with the computers we have here. Are you sure you have opened both files in VCarve Pro 5? You can't copy and paste between VCP4 and VCP5

Brian

Just upgraded to V-Carve 5.5 but can't find shopbot arc inch w/speed control or am I just not seeing it can anybody help me ?

Go to program files, Vcarve, postp, and there will be a copy of the old file you used there. Copy and paste it back into the normal spot and you can use it. The folder is called shopbot_original that you are looking for.

They dropped quite a few of the bot post processors.

Kenneth

ok if you use the speed control the new pp you want reads when you use vcarve as scott w
    I ended up editing it to get the name right and you can also add a creator name.
    when I fist used it to cut some letters I was not getting jog commands between the cuts. not sure if this is till an issue as I only used my machine once. I will test it again today.

Hi,

The post-processors you used to use are copied to the folder

C:\Program Files\VCarve Pro V5.0\PostP\ShopBot_Orig

by the upgrade program.

If you want to use your old post copy it from this folder back into the PostP folder.

Brian

P.S The file Steve is using he copied from the 02-ShopBot folder and that is obviously the wrong post - sorry.

the one I am using is the new one ShopBot_Alpha_Arc_Inch_Spindle_RPM
    but if you edit the file the post name in the file was scott w if I remember right. most of the info in it is nothing new the dates are the same as the older one I was using.

Does anyone have a copy of just the plain Shopbot_Arc_Inch post processor that they could send me. I have a PRT Alpha with the PC router, no speed control. I found the Shopbot_Arc_Inch post processor in the Shopbot_Orig folder but it is missing the code to create the prompts and pause for me to turn on the router, plus it won't turn off the router at the end of the program. Luckily, I was right at the keyboard and stopped the bot in time to prevent my 1/8" cutter from getting snapped off. Thanks.