Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FlexiCab Announcement

Roger, Andre, John and Terry, you will have e-mail shortly.

Terry, the short answer is yes but I'll give you more details in the e-mail.

I've been out of the loop with a family illness but everyone is getting better now and development is back on track. I'll be sending out updates to everyone today to get back on schedule.

Anyone heard anymore about Flexcabs? I know it sounds like this may have taken off faster then he thougt it would, but I would like to find out about it before I send KCDw $4000.00 . I don't have a machine yet, but can you use the software that comes with the machine to cut just cabinet parts, nothing fancy?
    Terry

Terry, You will need some sort of cabinet software to output to Patrick's program.
    I use e-cabinets.
    Patrick has a forum set up now for people that have paid to communicate progress. But need to have bought the program to use it.
    You must not have or you have gotten the e-mail about it.
    I would look hard at e-cabinet if I were you before I spent $4000.

I'm going to setup a public area in the forums over at flexcabs.com that will be for questions and answers for prospective buyers. This way we can get information out to those who have not bought the pre-release special. I'll get that up tonight and post a message letting everyone know when it's live.

Hi All,

I am starting a new Custom Closet business and have just ordered my Shopbot for delivery in late May. Since I am a start up I have been trying to decide on software. I think E-cabs and flexcabs is a winner for us.

Has anyone heard from Patrick lately? It seems he has not made the public area of the forum yet. I have emailed with no response and no answer or voice mail at the number listed on the website.

He mentioned family illness, I hope all is well.
    Do any of the beta testers know the status of this project?

By the way from all I have read I am sure enough that this will be great, I have purchased the product. My card has not been charged yet.

Hoping all is well in flexcab land!

Bob

Bob,
    Patrick got the first beta out yesterday and several beta users have tested and responeded. Patrick plans to release a new version today for beta test.

There's an affordable and nice cut list, costing, and sheet layout program that I've been using for a few years now called CutList Plus . They are now beta testing DXF output so that you can take the layouts into a Cad/Cam program. Just thought I'd mention it as it may be something that would work well with FlexiCabs. As it is, you could use just the parts list from it. It doesn't provide toe notches though.

Does anyone know how much detail will be imported from eCabinets? Hardware and attachment holes? Dados? etc.

Patrick, will it accept Cabinet vision designs or files as imported information and allow for sheet optomization on multiple sheet designs?