Thread: Is there a way to distribute objects with equal spacing

Default Is there a way to distribute objects with equal spacing

I am using Corel X3.

I have small shapes, one each in seperate files. I want to create a master file of all shpes. I can import each shape into the master file. Is there a way to have each imported shape to me spaced equal in X and Y after I import a bunch of them?

At this time I am importing them and then going back and selecting the horizontal row and the doing the "E" command and then selecting the vertical row and doing the "C" command to get them lined up straight. This does nothing for the spacing between them in X and Y.

Snap to is the only other way I know of to try and get the objects spaced even.

Ed

After those entities are lined up, using the snapping feature, create horizontal (or vertical) lines of specific length snapping the ends at the center point of one positioned entity. Then select the next entity and simply drag it over the other line end to snap to it.

Does that make sense? That's one way to do it...

Yes Paco that does make sense.

I am looking for a function that will allow me to select all objects and then say make them equal.

When I copy objects I can spec the spacing between and that works great. I just cannot do that with imported objects.

Line tool is the way I do this. I create the line as the distance and use the imported object's center (or else) to snap to the line end. You need to enable 'Snap to object'.

I don't think there's wizard on on click function for that purpose... imported objects (odd shapes) can have there center off...

You may want to look at grid and guidelines and snap feature for your project.

Ed,

Have you tried "Arrange/Align and Distribute/Align and Distribute" and in the dialog box, click on the tab for distribute and you have options for spacing horizontal or vertical. Another option that may work for you is "Windows/Dockers/Transformations/Position". That should activate a side docker for transformations. You can move or copy (apply to duplicate) by a set amount horizontally, vertically, and diagonally. If you check for "Relative Position", you can move or copy relative to the original position.

Scott,

Thanks! Here is what I do based on your response.

I import my objects and select them all. I then align to the tops to get the X all lined up. Then I distribute them in the selection. This gets them all lined up and evenly spaced.

Thanks again.