Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is flexcabs

Default Who is flexcabs

Anyone know anything about the software? Who is behind it? Is it one of you ShopBotters?
    http://www.flexcabs.com/purchase.html
    It sounds too good to be true.

Woooo...

Nice stuff. Roger if you try it out let me know how it runs, I'd hate to be the first to try it.

does look too good to be true

Danny,
    You buy it and let me know.

It may be a great piece of work but, no address? no phone?, no name of person? I am automatically suspicious of offers that don't give you the option of calling someone and asking them about it directly.

Roger,

Thanks for the link, interesting site.
    Just sent them an email with some questions, will post their response when received.

Tom

see post below on woodweb. Looks like an Australian company with some not so positive impressions so buyer beware.
    http://www.woodweb.com/cgi-bin/forum...pl?read=473654

Jerry,
    Looks like Jacko is in on it. The e-mail that I got about it was a product anoncement. Because it is not out yet. BUY NOW FOR A LOWER PRICE thing.
    Looks like it may be a scam.
    Some things are too good to be true.

Ok, so you guys beat me to it. I'm putting an announcement post together to post on here today. This is the software that I had mentioned about a month back. It's something that I wrote for myself and have been using for over a year now. I finally decided to commercialize it and add some more functionality.

I'm a regular on the forum so you know I exist, I just haven't made a general announcement yet anywhere so I don't have much contact info on the site. I'm trying to keep it relatively low-key until it's released. I'm giving ShopBotters the jump on this since it's the community I'm from and it's the machine I test everything on.

Not sure what that Australian thing on WoodWeb is about. I've only had the site up since Midnight last Friday so I can't have a bad reputation yet! :-)

I'll post in the product suppliers section later today.

On the topic of the "buy it cheaper now" issue, it's not a scam, just a way to try to let the initial people get in early. I'd like to form a core group of users who use it right away and can help get the product as full featured as possible. Since I am licensing some components in the software I can't give it away to the initial group (I'd like to if I could do it financially) but I figured the next best thing would be to give the upgraded Pro version as a free upgrade and then provide free upgrades for life for the initial users.

Please check back this afternoon for my post, and thanks for the ealy interest!

I was hoping it was you Patrick, but it was very suspicious, you did not sign the e-mail.
    Sign me up, I'll take a copy.

(sorry about the scam thing, didn't know who it was)

No problem Roger, better safe than sorry. I made of the mistake of making the e-mail generic when I should have personalized everything to make sure people knew who I was. I also got caught a little off guard because I thought it would just slowly build up and I could do a sort of "soft start" but instead I've been hammered. It's a good problem to have though so I won't complain!

I'll close out this thread by saying that the "official" announcement will be posted over on the Products/Suppliers List topic around 4pm today.