Thread: Tell me about 3.6.1

Default Tell me about 3.6.1

I installed 3.6.1 this morning, uploaded the firmware and reloaded my settings. Besides all the fancy new features... something seems different.

I can't explain or quantify it but the bot seemed more "relaxed" while cutting and moving. I've watched this cut file run a 100+ times and this time it looked, felt and sounded different. I wasn't looking for any change, I was just having a stray lost comm error with the .20 version and decided to update.

I verified all my ramping, speeds etc... I also checked the run time on the file, it's within 5 seconds so it hasn't slowed down. It just seems to approach turns and move around curves and corners with less effort.

I don't know how to explain it any further but was curious if something like stepping, counting etc... had changed.

BTW, it cured the the lost comm error as well.

/RB

I have a PRT Alpha and I also just installed 3.6.1. It gave a checkbox prompt about installing "20X Controller Drivers" for machines shipped after Nov 2007. I bought my machine used, but I knew that the original owner purchased the machine in 2006, so I did not check the box. After I finished the install, I wondered about not checking this, since my machine was upgraded with the new motors and control board package. The original owner did this upgrade and I am not sure of the date.

Should I have installed the "20X controller drivers"?

RB - I didn't run any files yet, but my machine does seem to move a little smoother, especially on the Z axis. My Z always had a distinct sound when I would zero to my plate, now it is much smoother and more quiet. Our minds could be playing tricks on us both, but it does seem different.