Thread: Vector Art 3D-Machinist

Default Vector Art 3D-Machinist

The Vectric team has been busy!

Vector Art 3D-Machinist

I foresee good stuff to come for those who wait!

Vectric and Vector Art 3D have developed the new Free Vector Art 3D-Machinist software that lets you cut 3D designs on your ShopBot router. Free sample models can be downloaded and machined to test the quality of the toolpaths on your own machine. The software is very straightforward and easy to use and lets anyone with a CNC machine experiment with 3D designs.

Vector Art 3D

The Vector Art 3D Clipart models can be scaled to any size with independent Z scaling to ensure the design will fit on the material being machined. The models are available in 3 different styles that make it easy to incorporate 3D elements into projects.

The Free machining software includes Roughing, Finishing and optional Cut Out machining strategies, plus high quality 3D toolpath simulation and estimated machining times.

VCarve Wizard users will be pleased to hear that VCW version 3 (which is planned for release in June) will import VA3D-Machinist files. This allows multiple 3D toolpaths to be combined with decorative VCarved and 2D machining strategies. The 3D data can easily be moved and positioned relative to any vector artwork, and all toolpaths can then be previewed and saved ready for cutting.

12887.jpg
    Larger image

VCarve Wizard 3 will also load PhotoVCarve files and allow the design to be positioned relative to other vector elements such as decorative picture frames and text, for example. The complete design can then be previewed and the toolpaths saved ready for machining.

12888.jpg
    Larger image

Please remember that all VCarve Wizard customers will receive version 3 Free of charge.

More details about what's planned for VCW 3 will be posted in the coming weeks.

James Booth and John Forney will be previewing an Alpha version of VCarve Wizard 3 at the Jamboree next week.

12889.jpg
    Larger image

Tony

how to get vectorart3d free software.i sent many e_mails through thier web but got no answer!!!!

Khais,

You might try the Vectric Forum www.vectric.com/forum They have excellent response.

Khais, just use the link in the first post above.

Tony,

My client wants several Vector Art 3D plaques cut that will be 4" x 4".

I have both VectorArt3D Machinist and Cut3D. My question is: After using both programs, with identical bit settings, why is the detail different for each program? Shouldn't the results be the same if using the same bit for each?

I've included both pictures to illustrate this.

26825.jpg
    26826.jpg

These pictures do not do justice but the first elk has it's legs and antlers very much narrower than the second. And as I said before, all bits and program parameters were the same.

The program Cut3D doesn't seem to handle these files very well or perhaps one of the following formats (V3M, PTN, RLF, STL) will produce better results?

Please let me know what format you would recommend when using Cut3D vs VectorArt3DMachinist.

(If you put your mouse over each picture, it will show what program produced it)

Tom

Tom,
    If you would like to send me copies of the .v3m and .v3d files, I will check them out for you.

(support at vectric dot com)

Mark.