Thread: PW2 does not have the router turn on

Default PW2 does not have the router turn on

When I first got my machine I had to manually turn the output switch 1 on to get the router going. During the many upgrades I installed one of them upgraded the part wizard to add lines to turn the router on and off. I had a computer crash and now I can't get the pw2 file to have these lines in them any longer. What do I have to do to get this in the partwizard. I am sure it was one of the SB3 upgrades that had fixed this in the past but I did not go through all of them sequentially to get this reloaded. I went from the initial install disc to the 3.4.19 upgrade. I did not install all versions between.

This is the lines I am refering to:
    '----------------------------------------------------------------
    'SHOPBOT ROUTER FILE IN INCHES
    IF %(25)=1 THEN GOTO UNIT_ERROR

Fixed

thanks Brady

I realize this is an old post but this same thing has happened to me. I had to rebuild the computer and now PartWizard doesn't add in the header to the files. What was the fix for this?

Thanks,
    Andrew

I'm not sure if this is documented anywhere, at least not that I could find, but I got this figured out so I thought I would update the post in case this happens to someone else. It turns out that the Shopbot installation creates a set of PartWizard post-processing files in the C:\SbParts\PartWizardPosts folder. These files can augment/replace the similar files in the PartWizard Postp folder (C:\Program Files\ShopBot\PartWizard2\Postp). Each of the *.CON files is used by PartWizard in the save dialog. There is a relationship between the .CON files and the list of file types in the drop down in the toolpath save dialog.

This was kind of hit or miss because some .CON files seem to work and other don't but through some trial and error I got it working for my environment.

Andrew