OK, I've down a little homework here in prep for our shopbot which is on order. We are a small sign shop and want to offer an alternative to sandblasted signs which are 2d signs. So, mostly 2d letter carving, hogging out, v-bit carving small (less than 3") type and some 3d accents (like borders, objects (like a trout, for instance) that can be appliqued on one sign.

I think I should still design in coreldraw as I can quickly and easily create and print out color roughs, proofs and design prsentations, right?

Upon receiving the job I can convert type to curves, convert all objects to lines without fill and export as a dxf, right?

For the 2d carving I could import the dxf into Turbocad (or what?) and create the toolpaths, hog-outs and bit offsets, right?

I would do the 2d carving job seperately from the v-bit carving because of the bit change (and v-bit carving specific software), correct?

Next I would create my trout in a 3d modeling program (even a crude trout would be better than my hand carving skills and quaint, besides). I would export that to Millwizard (millwizard.com) and create that, right?

This approach would be the quickest, easiest and most efficient (money-making) way to approach this job, right?

Then I would finish, assemble and collect the check, right?

Thanks for your comments in advance as I haven't seen a specific project discussed from start to finish yet.