We leave cut tabs (I've heard some call them bridges) around the perimeter of our parts to hold them in place while machining.

I'm looking for a better tool/method to cut through these tabs (cutting the part away from the surrounding scrap) and to trim the tabs off the parts after the CNC machining is complete.

Our best solution so far has been diagonal cutters (wire cutters) to cut through the tabs and a flush trimming router bit for trimming the tabs off.

We only cut panels 2'x4' or smaller, so we can take the panels off the machine and flip them over for easy access to the tabs. But, I'd like to get a larger machine that cuts full sheets of plywood/plastic. I don't think a 4'x8' panel full of small parts could be removed from the machine without it falling apart. (Anyone doing this currently with repeated success?) I can't figure out how you guys with full sized machines cut through your tabs with the panel still on the machine. We use a 1/4" diameter bit, so the slot is too narrow to get our wire cutters into for cutting the tabs from the top side.

The other problem with using wire cutters is that your hand hurts after cutting 100's of tabs.

I'm sure that someone has found a better method/tool. We'd sure appreciate hearing about it!