Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New uses for CNC

Default New uses for CNC

If you REALLY want to see what some ingenuity ,and a CNC machine can do, take a look at what these people are doing...The future is here...
    http://www-rcf.usc.edu/~khoshnev/RP/...20Crafting.htm

That's crazy!

Similar to a resin deposition/3D printer...now what if that puppy was full scale???

-Brady

In the latest version(April) of Discover magazine (light reading for real science geeks, including ads for the NEW all terrain, sit down 2 passenger, 25 mph Segway Centaur...) they DO show a full scale rig building a wall at 5 IPS. It's not a lot different than using a "slip mold" except they took the tedious part out of it, and combined it with a simple gravity fed hopper... Time to do our homework on LARGE stepper motors......
    P.S. They don't have the April issue on their web site yet, but keep an eye out..

The premier issue of the coolest magazine I've seen in recent years just came out... Make. Check it out if you get a chance.

I saw this system working on TV a few months ago, I guess it was Discovery Channel. They were building a one room structure with a plasticized cement, have no idea what the feed speed was ;)

Very cool.

This is interesting too.
    http://www.camtech.ca/products/resin/resinSpecs.cfm
    http://www.camtech.ca/products/resin/RfinProds.cfm

I don't know if they will sell just the rosin dispenser but the results sure are nice.

Jim,
    Come to the Jamboree. Creative Resins, a company from England is a distributor of this process, and they will be doing their thing on Saturday Afternoon...They are the same people mentioned in your second link above...They will be showing how to do it on a Shopbot which is the machine they now sell along with their resin dispenser...

Bill: This looks like it would interest a lot of folks who may not be able to make the jamboree. A Synopsis/paper would probably be a good product from the presentation as well as possibly getting those folks to participate in MikeJohns' upcoming camp in England.
    I'll take up the subject of presentation papers further on the appropriate thread later.

Dave

Bill/Dave
    If someone can please get them to contact me, it would be great to get them to the European camp (mini-jamboree?). There stuff looks a possible winner for ShopBotters.
    I will be out of contact from Sunday 20th as I trudge across Europe to finally collect my ShopBot. Emails are still good, but may not get answered immediately.
    How much of the jamboree we can mirror is yet to be discovered.
    well off topic, sorry

Mike-Good luck with your pick-up-
    My wife and I are talking about coming-She's from Lincoln and we are due a family visit. Nothing firm yet but her eyes started to shine when I mentioned it so I expect I'm a goner. We may have condo exchange nearby. Send me your current working e-mail.

Dave