Thread: Cutting curved shapes

aluteh@uninet.ee Guest

Default Cutting curved shapes

I`m in the serious trouble with curved top for service counter. Top is 18mm veneer, 1/4 of the donut, with outer radius 2700mm and inner radius 2300mm. The problem is that the depth, which should be constant, keeps floating +/-5mm. I have checked the radiuses and start+end angles, don`t know what to do next. If I could make this top in one piece it wouldn`t matter, but with two pieces, they both should have the same depth. Please, if there is anyone out there with advice, need badly your help.

Holger

Holger, would be pleased to help you, but what do you mean by "depth"

If by depth you mean the "width" of the top, i.e. the difference between the inner and outer radii, which in your example should be 400mm, it's probably one of two things. Either your arcs do not have the same center point, or you are not compensating correctly for the cutter diameter. What command and parameters are you using for your cuts?

aluteh@online.ee Guest

Thank you Gentlemans,

Problem solved, there was a differnce in center points. I used the drawing from designer and after I made a new one by myself it turned out perfect (well at least the trial cut).

Best wishes for weekend.

Holger

tredding@hotmail.com Guest

I am trying to cut a 3d file for a guitar neck. My guitar is a one piece design. I am using the mill wizard program. Unfortunately this program wants to cut a boarder around the neck which severs the neck of the guitar from the body. I am using part wizard to cut the 2d body and do not wish to run the millwizard program over the whole piece. Is there any way to correct this or can you recomend a different way to 3d the neck curve?
    Thanks
    Travis