Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vacuum Motor

LOL - I was thinking that today as I sat with my headphones on with 2 feins running , my spindle cutting and the dust collector going. The only thing I could make out from the noise was the dust collector. In that environment the feins are noiseless

Bill

Would you guys please speak up!

On a serious note Ed ... I notice you have gone from a 2 Fein solution to the 4 motor solution . Did you see a noticeable change in noise level overall when running the new vacuum model . I am in a residential area and the overal noise is something I need to watch out for . I currently have 2 Feins now and I am wondering if the the increased performance is worth making the investment in time to switch over .

Cabinet Parts is what I do mostly and some smaller parts I need to Tab at the moment .

Thanks Bill

Hi Bill,
    Yes, my four motor setup is louder than the two Feins. In fact, my two motors in a 4'X4' zone are louder than the two Feins.

I do feel I can hold parts better, but the biggest change I made was to go from a "bleeder board" to a "vacuum mask" system. It works for me since I cut the same shapes over and over. I know that will not work for you since you are cutting full sheets and different parts all of the time. I also found out that making the plenum have larger air ways between smaller supports helps my air flow. Air flow is one of the reasons I moved from a plumbing to a no plumbing system. My motors mount to the bottom of the support board. I am experimenting with a vacuum box again with vac hoses run to the support board so I can play with making the motors quieter. So far it is easy to make the noise go away, but removing the heat the motors generate is another problem to overcome.

I will post something when I get it all worked out.