Folks -

One of my students created a sign that had 7 3D carved elements in it (No marijuana leaves tho' - bummer, dude!) and when we ran the preview file, it estimated that it would take just shy of two hours to cut the profiles. I came in early prior to the next class, and cut the panel so that everyone wouldn't have to put up with the noise. Nothing had changed in the file, but the actual cutting time was just under an hour.

The wif and I are feverishly working on a proposal to do a whole bunch of Victorian gingerbread, and I am using the preview times to estimate our machine time for labor. I don't *mind* if it only takes half of the estimate, but I would like to be able to put a finer point on my time and costs. If the estimates are always high, I could price myself out of the work.

And while I am at it, I know that Z cuts and carving do take alot of time - how can I estimate my feed and speed rates for the fastest cut times if I am taking a cut of say 1/8" deep with a 45 degree chamfer bit?

I'd appreciate any feedback on this. Heck, I'd even be willing to send you some .sbp files of marijuana leaves, (um make that MEDICINAL marijuana leaves) if it'll help!

Cheers,

John