Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crispy Bot Reborn

Default Crispy Bot Reborn

OK botters here is the crispy bots rebirth.

Not pictured are my precision collets and my sharpie scribing pen and my SB indexer.

48236.jpg
    First my dust foot and fancy skirt. This material is expansion joint material for glass brick about $1 each. I am holding it on with Velcro. I am redesigning this to use spring clips to hold the foam. Its soft yet stiff and cheap!

48237.jpg
    The gorgeous lexan body allows a web cam to show the bit on the work.

48238.jpg
    Notice the top left image of the big monitor you can see the bit on a 3d piece for effect. You can also see a live feed for the table overview on a second web cam.

48239.jpg
    Wider picture showing the wireless keyboard and mouse. (No lag issues yet other than range is less than desirable)

48240.jpg
    No more arched plastic. These two pictures show the addition of the E-Chain and dust collection. I hated the dust collection dangling from the ceiling so I made adjustments. ;)

48241.jpg
    E-Chain dust collection along X axis.

48242.jpg
    The Lappy is mounted to the shop wall!

48243.jpg
    Future security system backup for power outages as well as passive aggressive deterrent system. 5 mos. #60 Woof.

48244.jpg
    Here you can see I have mounted a a proximity switch on the Z axis upper travel. A C1 will give me max up for end of job jogs home. My zero using proximity switches routine includes a Z axis method where I roughly set the Z.

48245.jpg
    Another angle of the dust collection E-Chain marriage. There is a small PVC bar added just above the housing to the hose as a chafe guard.

48246.jpg
    Another view with the table, lappy, monitor swiveled and DC E-Chain

Hope you enjoyed.

I like your idea for the dust collection. I am tired of climbing on the table to free the jam that happens every few days at ceiling height. It would be much nicer to just give the hose a tap at a more "reachable" height
    thanks
    Bob

Joe, Come fix mine up.lol

If you want to save yourself some time take that aligator clip off of the wire for the Z heigth setting and tie it to the body of the router below the mount with a big hose clamp. That way it's always ready and you don't have to worry about forgetting the clip on the bit.

Kenneth

Bob, I think the fact that the DC hose is moving all the time keeps most of the jams at bay.

Kenneth, I had thought about it but currently I don't move it to z zero anyway. I probably will remove the clip just to clean up the 'look'

I like the non slip pattern on the stair treads. A detail only a fellow boter would spot lol.

Thanks for noticing.
    Surely theres no Harley Logo at the center of each tread. I need to find a picture not showing that. ;)

Nice you could get the bot through the burn center rehab...

What exactly again caused the "crispy bot" ??

David, I couldn't find a better pic still in the camera. but you get the idea.

48274.jpg

Curtis, here is the origional thread: http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/mes...312/29351.html

Hey Joe good to see your making chips with the bot again. I see you rebuilt the machine...does that mean insurance wasn't kind to you did you just decide to rebuild instead of replacing. Anyhow glad to see your up and running again.

Glen, in the end State Farm was great. I used the insurance money for the shop. I have repaired all the fire damage and some previous owner issues as well. And I rebuilt in order to create shop enhancements.