Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Door program with multiple PANELS per door

Default Door program with multiple PANELS per door

Sorry to those of you who've had their fill of the doors program, but there is a new release that fixes the "almost finished" bugs of a few days ago.

In addition, since the program can put arches on any side, it is capable, with a little slight-of-hand, of making MULTIPLE PANEL doors. I know. I know. Who in their right mind would want to make multiple panel doors out of MDF?

There's also a fix to override the ramping function so that you can make small doors (or drawer fronts).

As always, the doors program is almost useless without Bruce Clark's excellent FreeDoors program. He has given me permission to send it, and his new installer program, along with my stuff. (Or if you prefer, you can get everything from Bruce.)

The program is free of charge (and almost worth it!).

If you would like a copy, email me.

Mike Richards
    miker@xmission.com

Just an update,

There is a newer version of Free Doors 3.46 in a complete installer available. If you got a version on CD, please uninstall and upgrade to the latest. It has better output and a few bug fixes.

Again everything is in a single installer. Just email Mike or myself for the latest version.

Bruce

Oh, I forgot to mention, Mike has included instructions on how to make wainscoting and multi panel doors with his latest Doors.exe version.

Again, this is all in the latest Free Doors 3.46 install.

Thanks,

Bruce

If you've received my DOORS.EXE file, version 6.00, DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT use it. It has a major goof-up that leaves the Z-axis at cutting level between doors. (I erased the command to lift the z-axis when I cleaned up the debugging code that I place in every file. Then, being very efficent, I pasted the messed-up code into every one of the files that generate the SBP code. As usual, the mess-up escaped my scrutiny.)

Everyone on my list should have received version 6.10 and the PATCH.BAT file to install the corrected files. If you have not received the patch, please email me and I've get it to you as soon as possible.

-Mike
    miker@xmission.com

Since all the fame and glory is dying down, I decided to update Free Doors to version 3.5 AND provide a tutorial on how to actually USE Free Doors.

If you have emailed me before, you will automatically receive the latest and greatest. If not, feel free to send me an email asking for the latest 3.5 installer (which included Mike's DOORS and NEST program, along with his source code).

Also, you can view the GETTING STARTED tutorial online at:
    http://home.centurytel.net/bwclark/getting_started.htm

Again, my email is in my profile,

Bruce Clark

Bruce,

The pics didn't load in the tutorial.

Using Firefox 1.0.3

Rick,

On the URL above? I am using a straight HTML tag <A IMG SRC=".\image.jgp"> </A> tag.

Unfortunately, I am no very familar with HTML (know just enough to get me into trouble) or Firefox.

Anyways, I will investigate and see what I can come up with.

Thanks,

Bruce

rjguinn@optonline.net Guest

Bruce,
    I opened the HTML version of tutorial & everything ,including pictures, printed just fine.
    Jeff

Ok , now it works.

Thanks

Mr. Randen,

I took a WAG and figured it must be the ".\" in the image path causing the problem. Anyways, I uploaded a new version which removes the relative directory directive.

Let me know if Firefox still does not show the images.

Thanks,

Bruce