I loaded the latest version of Shopbot 3 control software and I have a problem that I have seen in this forum.
While in "copy machine" my probe scans perfectly in X and y axis, but the z axis gradually climbs away from the object ( at least it is not falling into it ). It will encounter the object, record the point and climb over it normally, but it then stays at the last encountered elevation.
The probe looks to be functioning perfectly,, led light on the probe works,, input number one light is on- goes out when contact is made,,, I've shaken the prone to see if anythng is loose during the probe routine causing false contacts,,, wires look fine, it is brand new- it has'nt had any "events".

I am at a loss, but it must be something simple.

Thanks to Mr. Bill Young, for your help attempt with the old version of control ware.

I resisted upgrading because of the sentiment,, don't fix what is'nt broke,, but this is the only glitch I have encountered so far.

I would love your thoughts,,, The agrivation has me ready to kick my neighbors dog .. ( not really )

I wish you all a wonderfull Thanksgiving Holiday,

Charles