Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Raster Braille Signs

I'm staying out of that part of the argument. I speak to practicality of the situation.

Like I said US patents are available online so question #1 can easily be answered.

Question #2 is a bit "dicier" ADA recommendations are being adopted by code enforcement as policy around the states, so each states codes will differ on this. There is no "federal code" for this, it's all based on localities. Plus the codes don't say polymer can't be used, just that the braille dots need to be rounded, or without sharp edges.

Quite honestly, another vendor over representing thier product or making up laws or codes to support thier product is a non issue... unless you want to take on all vendors who do this, why bother?

And, as I did mention, as far as I know polymer is not for outdoor use at all. It's basically seaweed.

Rob, the only photopolymer I have seen that was seaweed was an eco-friendly product. The vast majority of them are just plastics and plastic resins.

They make a variety of indoor and outdoor, UV stable signs, all of which are compliant in all 50 states.

You can go to advancecorp.com and see their information. It gives you all the specs on their signs. You will not beat a Photopolymer machine in a production situation. They are the most productive way to produce ADA compliant signage in the business.