Thread: The machine stopps brfore route is complete.

Default The machine stopps brfore route is complete.

Hi All,
    Need help and suggestions. We were running a 40 piece job with 5 level of routing with 0.500" end mill. This is for a Releif Carving Class I teach in Florida each year.
    We have ran 22 pieces and the machine with no problem and it stopped after routing about 300 lines of code on the 23rd board. We re-started and have tried to run about 6 more parts, the same program, and again the machine stops anywhere between 200 and 500 lines of code. We have pulled the part out of the platten and with no cutting occuring and the 5 level route went through with out stopping. That has been done twice with the same results. We have tried everything, been in contact with SB, Durham and still no solution. Today I will change the electrical source to three separate 20 Amp breakers, will shortten the power cords and hope that it is not stray current or some other fool problem. We are running a Buddy Standard 24-32.

HELP ! ! !

I have been through the forum and have found no other problem that is like this except for the stray current problem. That too will be tried on Monday. Thanks for the help, Bill Hastings

I think you need to look at grounding your bot good . Do you have a dust collectore on there?.
    You may create a ground loop circut if you split your power up that way .
    Add a ground from the control box to the computer , and from the bot to the same circute that you get the power from.

Bot on

Thanks Stephan,
    I have installed three new breakers and will try it tomorrow AM. I certainly will let you know the results.
    In the Meantime, I think that I understand your message. You think that I should ground all units you mentioned to a common ground? Is that correct? All units, ie; router, slave computer and the Bot are grounded through the breaker box.
    If this is not correct I guess I missed your point. Thanks anyway, and I will let you know the results of tomorrows run. Thanks again, Bill Hastings, Alcona Sign.

are you getting any error message?

your problem may be static electricity. Do you have a dust collector on your system?
    If so you need to take a bare copper wire and connect one end to your Y carriage and run it thru the dust collection hose and then ground the other end to the metal housing of the dust collector.

The problem you may be experiencing is a static charge that builds up and craps out your system.
    This happened to me when i first started with the bot and i couldn't figure it out and someone here told me about that. I ran the wire and it hasn't happened since.

Thanks David M, and Jack Jarvis,
    David,,,, The message is "NO RETURN COMMAND"
    Jack,,,, We are using a shop Vac, and you may be right. Tomorrow AM it will have the copper wire through the tub from the router to the Vac Housing. I thank you both, and sure hope your right.
    Thanks a bunch,
    Bill Hastings.

If you are getting the message "NO RETURN COMMAND", it seems likely that your SBP file is missing a "RETURN" command needed to return from a subroutine. Check all the "gosub" commands and all of the labels. Grounding the dust collector is a good idea in any case, but my first try would be to resolve the error message. If you can't find the problem in the file, send it to me.
    Mike

Hi to all those who replied and those who just read.
    For those who tried to help, THANKS!!! Please review the problem we had as outlined above. Well, Here is the solution and the resoluition to the problem.
    1. We isolated each component on a separate circut.
    2. re installed the software. (I don't think this and much to do with the resolution of the problem.
    3. installed a grounding system from the router head to the vacume. This could have helped.
    4. here is the shocker! ! ! ! We changed vacume units and the problem was resolved. I am not sure what the problem was, but I assume that the old Sears Vac was creating some strange things in the system. It was replaced with a reasonably new RIGID, and the parts ran through
    without any stoppage.

Assumption: The old vac was grounded as was the new one, and I think that the old sears vac was creating some type of feedback that the computer/machine did not like and just stopped anywhere from 77th to the 2470th line of instruction. COMPUTERS ARE FUNNY MACHINES.

SUGGESTION: If someone else has a similar problem, I would change vacume systems whater a cyclone or shop vac first. Then try the other items mentioned above.

I thank all those who contributed, and each suggestion was taken very seriously, and tried very carefully. Frankly, we just stumbled into the solution. I am posting this lenghty explanation in a hope to preclude some other poor sole haveing a simple solution and work your butt off for 10 days in an effort to resolve the problem.
    Thanks again to all those who contributed and for the offer to view our file for an error. This was very kind of each contributor and I THANK you profusely for all the help. We learned a great deal about what NOT to do and some of what to do.
    One word would be important to remmber "GROUNDING" of the machines and the service units attached. THANKS AGAIN.

Brushed motors can generate a lot of noise in a circuit, particularly if they are worn.

Hi Ron Sloan,
    Thanks for the imput. The machine is not that old but your point is well taken. It has been on our floor since May last year. Should it occur again, that will be a point to check.
    Thanks, Bill Hastingd.