Thread: Architectural elements

Default Architectural elements

44217.jpg
    this design shows how you can use premade foam architectural elements (the topper) to enhance a sign economically. if you do please beware that sometimes these are not totally symetrical for some reason. i had to do alot of sanding to make this two sided sign match up.

Dick,

Thanks for posting all the sign photo's. I wish we had more commercial sign artist, like youself, showing us their techniques and designs.

I've enouraged several of them but most have other brands of equipment and don't see any advantage in assisting shopbot newbeeees.

Peachtree and other styrofoam sign manufacturers have opened a valuable and creative the door. Although the foam, by itself, has no stregnth or integrity, once topcoted with Dual Viscosity spary it a tough product. I've investigated purchasing the equipment but it's expensive. You can dip your toe into this market for approx $22,000. O, the fumes are real dangerious too. Not for us little guys.

3D
    At one time I thought I'd move in this direction however it too is a small nitch market and the process is technical and slow on all sides. I don't know of any small shops that rely on much 3D work. None of which depend on it as their major product offering. That's not to say there isn't someone out there.

Thanks again for your posts. I look forward to seeing more good work.

Joe
    www.normansignco.com

I second Joe's "Thank You!". Your posts, pictures and comments from your years of sign making experiance are greatly appreciated!