Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Pay Per Click

Keith,

I know what your saying is correct. I post on several forums, leaving behind my web link. It has definantly worked with my local google position. I should join up with yours and others also.

I've drastically cut back on my yellowbook advertising. The reason being is their are too many calls which don't lead to a sale. Expensive too.

Thanks again for posting

Joe
    www.normansignco.com

SawMill Creek Woodworkers Forums, Hayes VA

Your welcome,

I hope that my input is helpful to those who are in need of exposure and don't have the capital to invest in an expensive advertising campaign during these tough times. I have been fortunate these last few years with plenty of work at CNU to keep me busy and allow me the time to gain experience. I own and operate my own little sign shop at my home which is much better equipped than the shop at CNU. At 57 years old I am late getting into the business so I concentrate my efforts making Corian signs. My local competitors don't offer Corian so it gives me an edge in a very small piece of the market, enough to remain profitable. We have a PrtAlpha at CNU and I have the same machine in my workshop, the best money I have ever spent

I've been a woodworker for 35 years and I have a reasonable amount of metal working experience so I design and build my own sign hangers, mostly wrought iron Colonial style. I used to be a welding inspector, in my youth, however I have found sign design and fabrication to be the most enjoyable job I have ever had.

PPC is a scam at best. Unless your targeted market is nationwide you should just work on SEO for your keywords and your local town. You need a large budget to get any real use out of PPC advertising. It does not take that much to see how to get your pages on the top without paying a dime. Like everything in Business though you get out what you put in. It takes some time to get your pages working for you. Do a search for your keywords and look at the first 10 pages that come up relative to your site. Find things that are common to all the sites. Then use these things in your pages to get your site up on the first page.

If a company offers to get your site up top, always search them and see where their site is. It amazes me that a company will make rediculous claims about what they can do for you, when they can't even get their own site on the first pages of search terms. If you read the fine print they promise to get you on top for some obscure search term that there is no one else trying for and no one searching for. Keywords like "Joe Crumley Norman Sign Company" If someone ever searched this term they would be sure to find you anyhow.

Good to have your input Dave.

You may right about PPC. I don't think it's for everyone, depending on your product line and local. I should know in a couple of months. If it doesn't work, I'll be sure to post my findings. Another good thing is, there's no contract. Drop it at any time.

Like you say, key words Norman Sign Company would be a waste, however wouldn't "Ranch Signs" or "Farm Signs", "Routed Signs" or something like that be more effective?

Have you tried PPC and please tell us how you went about it?

Joe
    www.normansignco.com