Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What

Dick,
    Your posts on the monument sign are timely. I am preparing to bid on a job for the front of a new fire station and have never done a monument before. I figured to wing it and learn as I go after searching the archives for info. Your detailed installation tips have helped in my planning.
    Listing prices is a big plus for those of us who are new.
    Thanks Joe for inspiring a rebirth of the sign forum! It's a big black hole out here without support.

Hope this works. we cut the parts for this sign. The design and finish work was done by our customer who is a very good sign maker. The animal (bull and boar) were outline cut separate and he hand carved them. The sign was cut from HDU and man I love cutting that stuff...cuts like butter. There is a second portion to the sign which is a bbq grill.
    50860.jpg

lynn, this is how we lifted the 480 lb foam structure to keep from crushing it. the pieces of plywood had notches so the lifting straps would not slide off. two on bottom. two on top. used 4 separate nylon lifting staps with loops on each end. could have used a spreader bar on top but did not have one. there are probably alot of ways to lift them. this worked very well here with the straps we had. on the peachtree site they show how to install but we did not think that method would work for a sign this heavy and large. the install method we used above worked flawlessly.
    50869.jpg

Glen,

The sign looks great! Glad to see you worked out the kinks on posting pictures!

Mike

50874.jpg
    Lynn,
    this drawing shows where i wanted peachtree to install wood inserts into the foam so i could attache the alumacorr to. that was important to request.

50903.jpg
    here is one that just got finished today by jerry who runs the router. thicker pvc, acrylic latex blue sprayed on top. we used a 3m calendar vinyl as a paint mask because we have alot of that as scrap here.
    have to find out what my wife sold it for. has scroll bracket and post.
    size approx. 2x3ft

Caught me to!
    50907.jpg

Just added a new toy. 5x12 Dual table dual spindle w/ 15 tool changer at each spindle I still have the Bot though!
    50911.jpg

PS. I couldn't have done it without the Bot and this great forum.
    Thank you all..
    Lou

glen I use corel and use the bitmap resample and change dpi to 60-72 dpi