Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: ECabinets & ShopBot Link

My edgebanding guy was wondering why my edges were slightly beveled. I am getting some bit deflection with 2 passes. The single pass stuff is fine, but the new release should help with this problem. It was only deflecting .01". Stupid SCMI piece o junk. I think he just needs a better machine!

Sounds like he needs to adjust the pressure rollers.
    I don't think I could tell I had a .010 bevel with my edgebander.

I cut some 1/4" backs yesterday and some 3/4 the day before. It seems if that if set my max size on my double pass to 250^2 or 500^2, it skips some parts? Why does it interpret my settings like this. When I make this setting larger i.e. 10000^2 it will cut everything, but does a double pass, even on 1/4" material. This is a time waster.

Justin
    What do you have for cutting depth in the tools data base?

You should post this on the Link Beta forum. Larry wrote it so he is the expert.

Justin...
    You will need to set your parameters for the double pass to a number that is less than the area of the backs to allow them to cut with a single pass. Remember that you are instructing the software to cut with 2 passes, that is why it does this on 1/4". In a perfect world, we would have thickness parameters too!

I too have been looking for that magic number that would allow me to get my double pass on all 3/4" parts but ignore 1/2 and 1/4 back pieces. I thought I had it around 740"^2 but then I got burned by the back on an 18" DB.

I agree with Roger... post on the beta forum and see if Larry has some insight towards this.
    Gary

How shopbot link handle double side machining,if you have multiple parts? i know it is ease design cabinets for 1 side machining,but some cabinets in the library are 2 sided.Thank you

Two sided machining is handled very well.
    Very well thought out.
    At the end of all sheet cutting you are prompted for the "serial number" of the flip operation pieces. The program assigns these numbers to the pieces that need 2 sided work. You then can place it anywhere on the table, based on the values you have in set up, for machining. Usually placed at 0,0 with the label down and the piece flipped ccw. I have a fixture and pop up pins to place my flip op pieces at 1.5, 1.5.
    After that you are asked for another and another till all are completed.
    The "serial number" of these flip op pieces is printed on the label. You set these pieces aside while you are working through the sheets. When asked just start with any piece.

I am running a prt 96 with 4g upgrade and a 3.5 milwaukee router. I have got a couple jobs which I drew up in Ecabs and am thinking I might make the move to this link. Does any one know if it is ready to do the furniture in the libraries as this is what I hope to use it for mostly. Also will I be able to cut the 3D legs and posts with my indexer (lathe with stepper)
    Or would I be better off to look at upgrading to a spindle first? I cut now with a 5mm compression bit and would hope to just use this for the cabinetry.
    Lorin

Lorin,
    The Link does not support the indexer.
    I do not know if it will do any carving but other than that it will cut the library furniture.

I got my link and am just curious if I should save all my settings to my laptop,my design computer or a flash drive?? Haven't yet started. hopefully in the morning.
    Lorin