Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prox Switches

Default Prox Switches

The Prox switches work some times and not at others. I checked the wires and they are installed right. If I run the X down the table with the arrow keys and then, use the keys to go back it does not stop when the lite goes out, and when past comes back on.

Jimmy

Jimmy..
    Make sure of the air gap between the sensor head and the bolt head. Also.. I am not sure that the software will stop the movement when using the keyboard. What would be important for testing using the keyboard, is that you have a working switch, that is, the light in the switch going on and off and the indicator on the control software indicating that the prox switch is working properly.
    Gary

Jimmy,

"it does not stop when the light goes out, and when past comes back on."

I'm not sure what you meant but the way it should work is when moving toward the prox switch the light should not be on. When you reach the prox switch the light will illuminate and the tool will stop. Once the tool stops all you need to do is release the left key you where holding down and press the right key to move off the prox switch. If you release and press the same key you will move past the prox switch toward your mechanical stops.

Bill Thorpe Guest

Frank, It sounds like you are talking about the PRT. On the PRS the Prox switch indicators are on all the time until it passes over the target then the lamp turns off.

Jimmy, When you find the solution to your problem please post it here. I too have experienced this on occasion.

I have an PRT Alpha upgrade and I find the Keyboard arrows allow me to go back and forth over the prox switches. I think it is supposed to work this way, and only command moves will stop at prox switches. Maybe I have a problem and don't know it!

Tim,

it appear you have normally closed proximity switches; they're always on until a target trigger it.

When you use the Keyboard control, if your switches are inside the limit of the table (VL command values) you will eventually "hit" a switch as they act limit under normal circumstances. Once a limit switch is "hit" in K mode, it can be override if you attempt again in the same direction.

If you'd prefer to not be able to got beyond the limit location, you need to set the VL values according to this. When File limit checking is on (SF,1), the tool wont go beyond the VL values no matter what... limit switch triggered or not... as long as the table base coordinates are correctly set.

I hope that make sense...

OK, If I understand this right, if, I type in MX -1 and the X is at +1 it should stop at the proximity switch and then I must enter another command to get to -1, is that right?
    Jimmy

Paco,
    I don't know if my prox switches are "normaly closed", but the light shows only when they are over the trigger bolts. I am happy with the way my K mode works, allowing me to go to the end if I wish.

My Zero X,Y,command works just fine, so I know my limit switches are working as they are supposed to. Thanks for your comment

Someone can send my the prox switches diagram conecction, i miss mine, thanks a lot.

It appears I got a newer style of proximity switch with my PRSstandard (shipped the end of Jan). It does not have a barrel or the two nuts. The manual has not been updated to address this new style, anyone know how to mount these? Also the bearing on the Y axis have been updated, its now an allen head and no washer. Shopbot should really keep their manuals more up to date.