Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prox Switches

Here are photos of the proximity switch, any ideas how to mount this?

40819.jpg

40820.jpg

40821.jpg

40822.jpg

Mark...
    That is the wiring harness for the prox... you are missing the actual switch... the barrrel with the 2 nuts. Email SB tech support
    Gary

University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Las Vegas NV

I have the same switches as Gary shows in his photos. Can anyone tell me if they are supposed to light up as the previous model switches do, per the manual? Also, how can I tell if they work or not?

Thanks-MC

I have the new new PRS Standard control board. According to the diagram they sent, I should have a +12 volt location to hook up into. I don't. Does anyone have a picture of the new set-up, wiring diagram, you can show me? It would help out a lot. Thanks.

Marc...
    Do you have the All aluminum RBK box? And if so, what are you trying to hook up?
    Gary

Gary-

I do have the all aluminum control box. I was told it has only been out for a few months. I need to hook up the proximity switches and I cannot find the 24 volt connection that I need. Thanks for the help.

Marc

Marc...
    Good, you first said 12V and that would have been the older model, not the RBK.

Here is a shot of the board as I saw them earlier this year. Note that the +24V is just to the left of the GND and other Prox connections

50451.jpg
    Gary

Looking at the great picture Gary posted you connect prox switches to an RBK using the following connections. I'm not sure what colors you have in your cables so I'll cover both possibilities; Ground -> Green or Blue, +24V -> Red or Brown, and Input -> Black. Hook up the prox switch for the X to Input 2/PX and the Y prox switch to Input 3/PY.

Now you want to check to make sure the prox switch is working properly. They should be normally closed (NC), the led inside will be on and the input indicator on the ShopBot Position screen on the PC should be Green. If not check the settings in the SB software using the VN command. Set the switch mode for both #2 & #3 to Normally Closed Limit, also turn limits ON. Now put a piece of metal at the end of the switch to test that it is working correctly. If not check all of the wiring and try again. If the led on the switch doesn't come on when powered up or doesn't go off when putting a piece of metal at the end there is something mis-wired.

Once the prox switches are connected and fully functional you are read to home or use them as limts. The software is programmed to stop when a limit is hit and disregard them for the next move to allow them to be cleared off of the target and not make the operator answer a bunch of questions to get it clear of the target. If you go too far in the original direction you will be able to pass the target and most likely run into the hard stops. This all works using the keypad. Test this and you should be ready for homing and have limit switches.

Thank you for the help. When I get back to school in the morning I can hook them up. I really appreciate the help. These forums are great resources.

Thanks again, Marc.