Thread: PRS Standard Rail Height

Default PRS Standard Rail Height

I am about to purchase a PRS Standard 48x48 shopbot (largest size I can accomodate) and am considering the placement in my shop. Currently, the spot I am looking at will place it at a right angle to my band saw and radial arm saw. If I do that, I want to make sure I have outfeed clearance particularly for the bandsaw. Could someone measure the height of their shopbot (similar recent model) from the floor to the top of the side rails?

Thanks...
    Bill

Mine is 38".

There's a lot of adjustment available on the feet but I doubt you'd get it any lower than 37".

Thanks, Adrian...

Sure you can get it lower......don't put the legs on and have a floor mount bot! Easy for loading sheets, just drop them.You would be the first one to have one too. lol
    Mine is same as Adrian's. Welcome to the bot community Bill.

Wow, I hadn't considered that but it would solve the outfeed clearance issue for my bandsaw - Nahhh, I better install the legs. Otherwise, my two grandsons (I'm their guardian) might be tempted to try and help me on the bot if it was at their height.

CAmaster sent me a quote in addition to the ShopBot folks but I am leaning toward the ShopBot at this point. And, I've picked another spot in the shop that wouldn't interfere with the band saw or RAS. But, I am thinking I might want to put heavy duty casters on the bot so I can move it if I need to.

My concern with casters alone is that if your floor is not perfectly flat and level you might run into issues,

Since the bot is very much squared, and leveled in place when you assemble it, moving it might cause problems. I would recommend dedicating spot too it if you can, and possibly using mobile bases on some other (lighter weight) equipment.

If you really do need a mobile base on the bot perhaps there is somebody here with more experience that can chime in but I would strongly recommend building a ridged platform/mobile base and hope your floor is decent.