Thread: Flip Op Tip

Default Flip Op Tip

I just printed out 25 pages of labels and see that I have about 2 dozen flip operation parts. (I wish I had John Ming's scanner)
    The material is melamine, no grain, and after pulling dozens of parts off the machine and seperating the flip op pieces from non-flip op pieces, orienting the flipped pieces could be a problem.
    I learned from a friend that has a Thermwood and runs e-cabinets to always place the labels in the lower right hand corner of the cut part. And orient it so you can read it from 0,0.
    That way when you run flip ops, after lunch or the next day, you know which way the part was on the bed and which way it should be flipped.
    Running melamine I have seen the same part in the same job placed different ways in the nest. Flipping one the wrong way would ruin the part.
    I hope this saves someone a headache.

Roger,

In my earlier comments to Don regarding labeling, I should have mentioned that hint as well - I think I came across it somewhere on the eCabs forum. And it certainly does simplify the task of processing flip-ops reliably, especially when you've accumulated a bunch of them from multiple sheets.

Another trick I've learned regarding part labels is that if you give some quick thought to which part you are labeling (backs, sides, etc.), there may be a location on that part (such as the toekick region) where the label will be hidden once the cabinet is assembled. This means that you won't have to bother removing those labels during (or after) cabinet assembly. Not a big deal, but like using the barcode scanner, it can result in a few extra moments of saved time per cabinet that add up in the long term.

John

Guys...
    Another advantage to proper orientation of the label, is that the edgeband locations are shown properly.
    Gary

Good point/tips guys.

Looks like one of you should start a blog on the ins and outs of using the SB Link.

Don is turning into and "old hat" also.