Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First Post, Unpacking 48X96 PRS Standard

Default First Post, Unpacking 48X96 PRS Standard

First post here, My 48x96 PRS Standard is due for shipment in about 2 weeks and I can't wait.

Unfortiontly I don't have a loading dock/forklift or paved path up to my shop to move the crate too with palate a jack.

Current plan is to have the crate lowered into the partking lot out front, then uncrate and move the parts inside. About 20 feet to my shops garage door.

Essentialy I want to know what I am getting myself into as far as whats going to be involed with this, how many people I should have helping, etc... From looking at the current long range forcast there will likely be snow on the ground, but at lest that means no rain.

All the parts can be moved by one person once the crate is on the ground. Assembling it will take two people. Have fun.

I got mine just inside the garden gate. Unpacked it all and carried it from there.

It took two of us to move the gantry but everything else I did myself.

I agree, except for the gantry. I would say it takes two people. Especially if you have a doorway to go through. I would also plan on having a couple of sturdy saw horses, they really helped when I was setting up my machine 6 months ago. I also found a little impact driver very useful, it can all be done with a socket set, but things like bolting down the table top are a lot easier with a little battery driven impact driver.

If the instructions don't seem to match what you see just call tech support. There were a few things, minor stuff, that were different than the manual showed, and I wasted a bunch of time until I finally called. A 2 minute conversation cleared up the confusion. The fun starts when you get it up and running for the first time.

here is something i did that i recommend. My carriage was 5' wide and heavy so i took a
    cumalong and attached it to the ceiling rafter and hooked it to the carriage. The reason being is before you attach the limit blocks on the rails your carriage could roll off the end or if while you are aaligning the wheels if it falls off the tracks it won't go anywhere.
    I was working alone so i had to think up ways to help myself. By using the cumalong time after time i could ratchet it up and have one end held up while i worked on the other end.

I used an engine hoist to pick mine up once it was up I could move it around to position it.

The driver of the truck that delivered mine used his pallet jack and was able to move it on some pieces of 1/4" plywood that we placed on our unpaved driveway - right into the garage(we now call it the shop!)

The driver backed up to my shop door, lowered the crate on the gate and we (3 of us)slid the crate onto snowmobile dollies. You can then move the crate around yourself.
    Casters on a board would work just as well.

You might be able to rent a "piano dolly" somewhere that you could set it on and roll it up the driveway.

I moved mine with a little furniture dolly into my shop. I unpacked and setup following the instructions. I had help with the gantry but everything else i did myself. Russ
    48405.jpg
    48406.jpg
    48407.jpg
    48408.jpg
    48409.jpg