Thread: 3D Rendering

Default 3D Rendering

I am wondering if someone who uses ecabinets' 3D capabilities would be interested in helping with client proposals. I have the software but have yet to install it or purchase the "link". What I would like to be able to do is provide cad drawings of a project and have a mostly accurate rendering created. Purely for the visual presentation; as least for now. I assume this is feasible.

I could do this for you with CabinetVision.

Piece of cake.
    How do you plan on doing this?

John,

Very feasible. To create the CAD and 3D visualization of a project requires building it (virtually) in eCabinets from your clients room dimensions and cabinet library objects.

Once done, this also yields a lot of other project info such as nesting, cutlist, cost and profit reports. See http://www.shopbottools.com/ecabinets.htm for an example. Let me know if I can help.

David- Part of my future plan is to receive the cut files to use once I have the "link". So its going to have to stay with ecabinets.

Roger- When you say "how do you plan on doing this", I assume you mean pay. I'm open to suggestions. Whatever is fair for everyone.

Dan- Great that's what I want to do. Would there be limitations to the design? What if I have a non-traditional built-in or something with a bunch of curves?

John...
    Kerry Fullington is one of the more prolific users of eCabs out there. He has a large number of examples posted on his website: http://www.kerryfullington.com/

You may also be able to get some good idea of eCabs design capabilities on the eCabs forum. http://www.thermwood.com/forums/ There is a section there filled with user files.

Even tho I am not there yet, it seems that with proper time spent, this is a very powerful design tool.
    Gary

Pretty much any kind of room and cabinetry can be modeled. Once built, CAD drawings and dimensions are readily available. The only practical limits are the amount of time and detail necessary to win the project.

I have found the renderings and CAD drawings to be a great way to plan and size the whole project with the client's involvement and approval. They can tell you if their receiver won't fit in the proposed 15" cabinet.

Non-traditional and curved parts are really square parts that are modified in the eCabs Part Editor. Curved parts are made by applying a radius to a square part, then (virtually) cutting through it, much as you would in the shop.

Projects developed from standard library objects can be done very quickly.

By the way, the design iterations between myself and the client were all done by email - I would send the CAD drawings and rendering as a PDF and the client would mark them up with changes then fax or email back. I make the changes and email back another set of drawings until approved.

John,

I have done this for a few companies. It starts with a drawing and a lot of communication. These companies were local so the communication part could be face to face many times. Long distance would require some decent drawings to start with.
    I suppose this could work.