Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ECabs and Shopbot

wow. I run e-cabinets for design 3d renderings to show customers. I gotta give this a try. Thanks for sharing.

Kenneth

OH MY JEHOVA!

This is so exciting I am literally jittery.

Ken Susnjara (founder and CEO of Thermwood) is the man who opened my eyes to cnc way back then, his writings on how it fits into production models is in my opinion unparalleled. He is truly a visionary, and his company is state of the art.

Ted Hall and the good folks at Shopbot Inc are the ones who made it possible for me to get into it. Ted is also a true visionary, just coming from a slightly different direction than Ken, a less academic and more democratic one.

Yesterday when I looked at Shopbot's main site, I saw the blurb leading to a huge picture of Ted and Ken talking and the "announcement will come" copy and I almost fainted.

I have never ever owned a Thermwood product, but I can say that when it comes to fanboism my trinity is Shopbot, Apple and Thermwood, in that order.

Please please please please please let this be a sign of a true and serious business alliance: that would be a whole new order of awesome.

It's like NASA marrying Apple or something. You can't make stuff like this up.

*crosses fingers* pleaaaaaaase

Henrik,

I could not agree more.

Ted Hall and Ken Susnjara are the true leaders and innovators in the CNC industry.

How do we output to the Shopbot from eCabinets ?.

Paul

I just asked the question on the thermood site. I'm sure there is a download update or something, but my ecabients does not show an update when I checked under communications.

To output to the ShopBot requires a link - the cost for this link is $1,295.00.

This link will allow you to export your eCabinet Systems .twd files into a format that will run on a ShopBot - the cost for this link is $1,295.00.

Once you complete your purchase, you will be sent a link to download the eCabinet Systems ShopBot Link (you can also access this download link from the My Account/Order Status link at the top of the Thermwood Online Store Page).

A physical hasp key will also be mailed to you once your order is processed (order will be processed within two business days). You will need both the ShopBot Link and the hasp key to start exporting your eCabinet Systems files to a ShopBot

Paul

$1,295 for the service. Ecabs is a good program, but I'm going to have to chew on this one for a while. lol
    Kenneth

Guys...
    This is VERY exiting news. eCabinets has been one of the "tools of the trade" in the cabinet design world since its inception. This is a program that rivals, equals or exceeds the features of others that cost upwards of $20K. The fact that Thermwood has developed this and provided it, virtually free of charge to most anyone that would register, deserves a tremendous "hats off".

For a very reasonable fee, and in cooperation with the ShopBot development team, Thermwood is making available to us the ability to cut files from the eCabs software. If you follow their forum, they are also reducing or eliminating charges for many of the downloadable files for cutting.

A most sincere Thank You to Ted Hall and Ken Susnjara for being the visionaries that they are, for their combined generousity in this trying economy, and for overlooking the age old "Ford vs. Chevy" differences that brand loyalty can invoke.

Mine is on the way...
    Gary

Thanks Gary, I was waiting for you (or one of the other production guys) to place a verdict before commenting further.

It does sound fantastic, does it not?

Economy be damned, look at all this candy coming our way (due to it or not)!

First vectric introduces Aspire, an artcampro rival (until delcam responds!) for hardly above a thousand bucks, down from what, $5000? $7000?

Now this, KCD(w) type cabinetmaking for around a thousand bucks, if I understand it correctly. That's revolutionary.

Ted and crew, get to work on democratizing a toolchanger and nirvana is but a door away...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/15941703@N06/sets/72157616088900539/

copy and paste the whole link.

Here ya go Henrik