Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3D Model Club Free Reliefs Nov 2008

Default 3D Model Club Free Reliefs Nov 2008

Greetings to all,

We had some people complaining they didn't get the free models we sent out every month, there were some technical glitches with the mail server so we decided to resend the last newsletter of a few days ago again to give more people the opportunity to try out our free promotional models.

So if you haven't registered yet take a moment to open a free user account on our website to get notified of the free models when we resend our last mailshot in the next few days.

We are giving away 6 free models for all to try. All models are scanned at high res so you should be able to scaleup considerably and still get a good detail.

3D Model Club
    www.3dmodelclub.com

36420.jpg

The whole website seems a little hard to use. If I have to register to use it, that fact could be better defined. It is non-responsive on several computers... I'll keep trying.

Mike

I've signed up for an account and also signed up for the newsletter and the forum but I don't see the 6 free models anywhere...

There's definately some neat stuff listed on there...but the thing that stands out to me is that the models shown are clay models - NOT what the models look like in software. From the standpoint of someone who does high definition laser scanning, there are a lot of variations in the quality of your 'typical' laser scanner - most wash out or drop out when scanning certain model details. So if I had one piece of advice to give Tom, it would be to show actual previews of the digital version of what a customer will be buying - NOT the clay model that was scuplted by hand. http://www.vectorart3d.com/ has done a good job of showing you exactly what you will be getting before you buy it.

Just my 2 cents...
    -B

Thanks to all for your positive comments.

I must admit the site has been very sluggish the last 2-3 days as we got a lot of traffic.

Michael, the link to the 6free models will be sent out over the weekend. There are a few free models however accessible when you log in, on the left of the page there is a user menu with a link to access them.

Brady, you are right about having the photos of the models in software and we will be adding photos of them from top and angled view.

Greg

Is this a spam or a legitimate thread? Seemed like spam to me at first glance and even more now as Tom has apparently changed his name to Greg?

Will these files be available vor V Carve pro also?.

Oops... when I went to the website the current group of free files was different... and I really liked the fish, so I paid for it. Am I a big dummy or what?

I registered tonight and emailed regarding an issue I experienced in the process. Got an answer back in 30 minutes. Emailed back and got another reply very shortly, again from Greg. He explained that directions to download the free files will arrive with the newsletter to be sent out soon. I guess we wait and see. Personally, I'm not ready to make any negative assumptions yet.

Like Brady, I'm interested to see the quality of the actual files. The clay images look impressive.

Donn

That Phoenix made me want to run out and buy a Trans Am...