Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 3D Model Club Free Reliefs Nov 2008

I would also like to know what model you purchased and how the rendered version differed from the clay visual?

Sorry, I just got back to the shop..
    I'll have to dig up the 3d file's I bought. I bought two last year around this time when 3dmodel club first came around.

There just was not much detail. It looked like it was scanned with one of those camera setups.

Yes I told them and there is a thread on it if you dig back to last year. Their reply was that it looks better in clay lol.

Ill look for the thread, I remember posting pictures.

Here it is..
    http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/mes...312/29980.html

They were simply all washed out. They have alot of really nice models, I think that the problem is the scanner they are using.

I see I had also posted then about loosing detail when sizeing and things have still not changed.

I cut the flying eagle in 3 inch mahogany 12" x 20" and keeping the full depth of cut you only have .25 inch left on the bottom. I could have changed the Z depth but I chose not to. I had a problem I did not think of as the depth from the beak to the bottom of the wing was so great that the collet nut bottomed out on the eagle head and milled it completely off. I continued the cut to see if it is worthwhile to cut again and I feel quality is very good. But in order to cut full depth I would need a longer .25" ballnose bit. I checked the availibility of the bit and found few available. I called Fred at Centurion and discussed the availabilty as I could not find a 4" by .25" Ballnose bit on his website. He said they don't make one but he checked if he had the stock at 4 inches long, he did have it so he made me the bits. It took 3 days from phone call to having the bits in my hand. This is one great company that understands customer service. Thank you Jack Jarvis for mentioning Centurion over and over.
    Gary

cha-ching...i just earned another nickel! lol. How many other companies would do that without charging you setup fees and tooling charges, ect, ect..

Jack

You guy Fred at Centurion put me off. I called and wanted to order some bits but he didn't want to take the order over the phone. He wanted me to go on line after I called. I didn't want to order on line so I didn't place an order with him. May be that is the way he does business but I like dealing with people the first time or when I have questions.

Nils,
    I'm like you in that i prefer to talk to a live person instead of a computer that way i know i'm getting specifically what i need based on their advice and recommendations. After all they are the experts.

Tell me what questions you have and I can see if i can get a response. Keep in mind i'm not in any way affiliated with the company and am only a customer and a acquaintance.

Customer? I think the word that Jack is looking for is "STALKER"!

-D

Nils I have sent you an e-mail addressing your complaints. I would like to apologize, I was not trying to put you off. I will gladly take your order over the phone. The reason I prefer the order over the internet is that when it is done that way, it generates all the paperwork we need for the order. We can take your order over the phone, it simply takes a little longer to do it that way. Again I am sorry if I treated you in a bad way, it was not intended.

Fred