Thread: Design suggestions requested

Default Design suggestions requested

I'm remodeling one of my rental apartments which is kinda small but wanted some ideas for decorative elements I could make on my bot. If anyone has done remodeling with their bots and maybe has pictures on their website of their work i'd love to see it. I was thinking of some type of wainscoting. I also thought of removing the cabinet doors and carving some type of design in them.
    Any suggestions, pictures, files, websites or anything to help me get my creative juices flowing would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hmmm.... How about kitchen cabinet doors with a carving of Elvis in each??? (big smile) Ya, I can really see that. (You *wanted* ideas.)

I wanted all ideas (except that one!) lol. Since i also have a legacy ornamental mill I wanted to do something like this millwork for wainscoting:
    http://legacywoodworking.com/gallery...fm?project=195 but theres really no details on deminsions ect. but i like the look. So if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

I am in the process of building a house that I am going to sell to my son. It started out to be a spec. house but it is turning out so well that my son is buying it and selling his. For door and window casins we cut fluted casings and made plinth blocks for the top corners. The house is on three levels so we made plinth blocks with 3D sea shells for the first floor, 3D seahorses for the kids floor and 3D sunbursts for the master suite floor. Looks killer but I don't have photos yet. Also, we have a ski condo at Snowshoe, WV that we completely remodeled. Since this a rental unit we built a closet to store our ski gear under lock and key. For the doors on the closet (it is under a slanted roof so is only 4 feet tall) we made doors out of melamine board with a profile of a skier. We covered the area we were carving with clear self stick shelf paper, cut the profile on the Bot, spray painted black, peeled off the paper and have a perfect skier outline. Easy, cheap, and have had tons of compliments.

Well is that spec house on the beach like your house and your shop? Maybe next year when you have your camp shopbot it will be in june or july when we can all go swimmimg!