Thread: Assembly Help

Default Assembly Help

I have my Table assembly level-square-parallel. So I tightened eveything up to that point. When I went to install the X rail on the table side rails I noticed that X rail were the same length, but did not match up to the side rail length. So I checked the side rail length and one was 5/16 of an inch longer than the other. I know now that my square is not true because the two side rails were not the same length when the diagonal measurents were taken. My ? is I would assune that the most important diagonal square point would be from the corners of the X rails, so should I loosen up bolts and resquare from the X rail points? Just checking to see if my assumption is on the right track. Thanks for any help!!!!!

I may be wrong but, if one rail is longer than the other then you can't use the ends of the rails to square to each other. What seems to me to be more important is that the rails are level with each other and equal distance apart along the length of the rails.

One you know the rails are level with each other then i would square one end by rolling the carriage to that end making sure it can move back and forth smoothly, then tighten the bolts slightly on that end.
    Roll carriage to opposite end and repeat process making sure the wheels don't bind along the way.
    Then even if one rail is longer it shouldn't matter.

Jack thanks for responding I have loosened the bolts and resquared using the X-rail points. I'm no math wizard but I do know that to get a square corner you have to have equal distances parallel to each other. So I thought it would be feasable to use the X-rails. Thanks for help Just didnt notice this problem till the X-rails were being install. Table rails must have been cut on a friday HA HA thanks again Kevin

Kevin. I should not be a big issue if one of the aluminum side rails is longer. I would start from one end and measure and put a reference mark on the rail so you have a consistant length. When you have the table to the right width, measure diagonally from one end to the reference marks untill you get it square. Then tighten up the table and keep checking as you tighten things up. When you put the x rails (v-rails) on, keep flush with one end of the side rails and also again check with consistant lengths ( put refernce marks if needed) make sure the v-rails are to the correct width specs in the manual and check for square. When you have the gantry on the rails do as Jack suggests and run the gantry back and forth for smoothness. Keep a close eye on the vrollers and make sure they are running true on the vrail and not binding or riding up. If they do check levels again. I really think taking your time putting the machine together can help you understand how it works and why things need to be square and straight to work properly and for cut quality. Have fun.

Thanks for the Help. I just needed a piece of mind that I was on the right track. Thanks again