Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Vectric Aspire Software

brian, i am so looking forward to it, i have no doubt it will be a graet addition for us all!!

jim

Does anybody have it?
    Cost?
    Any discount for us PartWorks/PartWorks3d folks?

-- pat

"Brian Moran and James Booth introduced amazing new 3D sculpting and modeling software from Vectric called Aspire. Aspire is a CAD/CAM program for those wanting to create relief carvings. It combines incredible features, a new ease or use for 3D software, and a remarkable low price. It comes with 50 pieces of 3D clip art from James' VectorArt-3D collection. Aspire will be priced at $2,000. But will have an introductory price of $1,750 until the end of the year. For owners or PartWorks or V-CarvePro the introductory price will be $900. (Available today from ShopBot for PartWorks owners.) "

This is a fantastic program and a tremendous value for the asking price. It should have enough horsepower and flexibility for the majority of users out there.

-B

Tony's demo at John Forney's camp had half of us with jaws touching the floor and the other half reaching for the checkbook...it is nothing short of amazing. You can start with a 2D outline and create a full 3D model with interactive sculpting tools.

I think Vectric has done it again.

While James Booth was making his closing remarks about the Aspire Software I was writing the check. From what I can see from it so far, and I have not really had a good chance to play with it yet, it is the equal of ArtCam, and alot more affordable. It actually has some features already in it that will not be in AC until it's next release. My hat is off to all the people at Vectric for creating this software, Way to go Guys!!!!!

Anyone know if this piece of software is going to include the nesting module? They estimated they'd have nesting available by the end of october, but not sure if its in aspire, or if they maintain vcarvepro as well.

Regards,

A message in the Vectric forum made it sound like whatever improvements are made in VcarvePro 5 will be updated into Aspire as well.

I think the nesting module will be in VCP5 and also in Aspire with the next software update. -Oscar

Well they certainly seem very keen on it over on the Vectric forum, but I wonder just how justified this enthusiasm is given the price ($2000). I'm sure it's a very good piece of software, and it looks like ease of use paramount, but am I missing something here - I know it's a different beast, but how does it shape up to, say, Rhino ($800) plus RhinoCam ($1000)?

My guess is - nowhere near as capable, but gets results much faster.