Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Largest Item for Sale so Far

Default Largest Item for Sale so Far

25908.jpg

Finally getting a little help around the shop...

25909.jpg

Have ShopBot, Will Travel

Just for a little clarification, I'm not trying to sell my house on here. This is the first project I've got my daughter interested in. We are moving back to Arkansas after being gone for over 10 years and she is ready to go. She thought the paint mask was the coolest thing ever. I think having someone else peel that stuff off for me is the coolest thing ever.

We'll be packing everything up and moving after the Holidays. Hopefully I'll have a little more ShopBot space in our next house.

Happy Holidays

Its nice to have a "helper" in the shop. I don't do much in signs but did you paint that red, mask it off, cut letters, then paint letters, then peel? Looks like it turned out real nice.

Scott,
    Where in Arkansas are you moving to?

I'm at Lookout in NWA.

Not sure yet. I took a job with Union Pacific and I can live pretty much anywhere I want. Looking in the Conway area right now though.

Elite Wood Designs, LLC, Social Circle GA

Scott,
    Will you be conducting for them (UP)? I used to for NS until I couldn't take being away from my family so much.

Jay W

Scott,

Get in contact once you're settled. Another shopbotter friend is now in Heber Springs and visits Conway often. It's certainly a home buyers market in NWA right now - probably in Conway too to a little lesser extent.

I'll do that. I was looking at a house in Bella Vista just a little while ago. Nice house, kinda small, but a great price. Since I can live any where it kind of depends on where the wife gets a job. I wouldn't mind ending up around Heber Springs either. I love it up there.

Jack....Sorry, some how I over looked your question. I guess I was just excited about people asking me about Arkansas. I made the sign just as you described. I didn't mention it before but it looks like that on both sides. I'll be mounting it out by the road this weekend and I'll add another picture. The paint mask normally works really good, but it didn't stick real well on the back side of this one. It leaked a little white paint around the edge of a few of the letters. Nothing a little touch up won't fix. It should look good from the road anyway.

Jay...I won't be conducting. I will be working in the IT department working on the communications out on the line. I will have to spend some time away from home for the first year or two, but after that a promotion should allow me to be at home more. This position will allow me to be off work two weeks per month. That leaves lots of ShopBot time. That's one reason I decided to take the job.

Elite Wood Designs, LLC, Social Circle GA

Scott, that sounds like a really great job. I wish you the best and I hope you will have a lot of productive time with your bot.