Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cabinet Pro

Default Cabinet Pro

Just had a demo of Cabinet Pro cnc edition anybody using it any pros/cons and is it worth the price?

Gary,

Use the google search at the top of the main ShopBot Forum page and search for "Cabinet Pro" include the quotes to narrow your search results. You'll find a good bit of information. I've never used the software. At one point... I didn't think Cabinet Pro supported shopbot, maybe that's changed.

/RB

Cabinets Plus of Augusta, Hephzibah Ga 30815

I tried Cabinet pro a few years back and did not like it at all. what are you going to use the software for? Cabinets, or what? Also i too have read that they Will NOT support shopbot . BE real careful.

yes, I was gonna use it for building cabinets. The first thing he said is that it supported shopbot coarse he could of been lying to get a sale. I also had a demo of cabinet solutions but it doesn't support cnc. I am also getting a demo of auto cabinets. I have cabinet parts pro but it doesnt let you see more than 1 cabinet at a time unless I'm missing something.

Gary,
    I use cabinets solution and have for years, What you will find is that after you get the cabinet part list there are alot of parts that can be cut on a slide saw quicker than on a cnc. i use my bot for cutting and drilling cabinet ends and things like arch top valances . We are in the middle of a room addition on a house that was built in the 60'S with alot of dentil mold on the outside. well far as i know there is nowhere to buy the stuff so i made 80' in about 30 minutes and it matched perfectly. In the shop there is alot of dedicated equipment to perform certain task, you don't cut board with a drill press and its the same with the bot . It is great for alot of things , there are things done easier with other tools so the beauty of things is when the bot is cutting its work i am cutting other parts so i can try to get the job out quicker with a higher degree of quality. I have cabinets parts pro and use it occasionaly . i know in cabinets solution you can draw arch tops for in bookcases and cabinets and have sold a many job with their program . The support is good and i think you can rent the program for 6 mo to try with all money going toward the purchase if you like the program. How long have you had your bot ? Hope some of this helps

Gene
    I have had my bot since Jan of this year so I am still a new-be learning the bot. I am really looking for a program for show and tell before the product is made and also to improve effeciency. All help and advise is greatly appreciated.

Well good luck Gary.
    The cheapest software that will do it all is KCDW, $12,000.

Kcdw will do it.Drawings-Part List-3d presentation
    -Cnc -Yes expensive,Yes it works-You can rent it.

I've had it for many years.Email or call me for more
    info.

Erminio

What is he cost to rent KCDW ? Does it export directly to the bot ? Can you pick the parts to cut on the bot or does it send all of it to the bot? To Me its kind of silly to cut shelves on the bot when they are regular square parts. Cab tops and bottoms if they are not dadoed or pocket holed can also be cut on a slide saw quicker . last account cab SOLUTIONS cost about 1/4 of kcdw . If you have unlimited money then go for the top.
    Me my idea is to make money not be upside down in any venture i go on , Thats just the way i see it.

I called KCDW about a week ago.
    I was told I could rent the program for the pretty pictures and lists BUT had to buy the CNC part.
    They said that was $5000. I didn't ask what the rent was after I heard $5000. It will only export a DXF file for each part. I can't imagine importing 100's of files into something else to nest and tool path.

Cabinet Solutions at 1/4 the price of KCDW would NOT include CNC output. That is extra $$$$$.

If all that was needed was pretty pictures and lists, E-Cabinets would be prefect. Free, good graphics, free, lots of lists, cutting and nesting, free, but we all need CNC output. Directly to ShopBot would be great but most of these high dollar packages will not do that. Some will output DXF files that you need to import into another program part by part to nest and tool path. Cumbersome and more steps but better than drawing every single part. I use V-Carve Pro to generate my parts and tool path. And if I can't draw it in V-Carve easy enough I use AutoCad and save as a DXF.