Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are Longer Shopbot Courses Available Anywhere?

I'd certainly make the trek down from Ontario. Taking nothing away from the two-day programs now offered, I know the value and benefits of taking things to the next step in building a strong foundation to work from. Coming from 30+ years as a tech teacher, corp. training director and training consultant I appreciate the need for both types of programs. IMHO what David has outlined could easily be spread over 5 or 6 days without being forced to branch off into individual interests to any significant degree. One only needs to look at David's web-site to be inspired.

The thought of going to a class where you start with the design process and follow your project to a completed part is what would be interesting to me and teaching me to make something that i've never made before.

Jack I have online training for the last 9 years

www.rngengravers.com

I'll host the session. Anyone want to come to southern California? It's 75 degrees right now!

Hey Justin, 75 degrees eh. I'm freezing up here . How about I toss my Buddy in a trailer along with a bunch of video production stuff, find a safe little spot for my wife and I to rent for 3 or 4 months and we can co-produce a set of top-notch high-definition training videos. At 75 degrees I'll even sweep your floor regularly for free. I could even test my wave energy desalinator in front of some silly fool's house that's not home because they've come up here for the snow. Ah well, nice to dream eh!
    :-)

Believe it or not this would work. I personally think this is a better idea than people traveling cross country for weeks to learn something they could learn in the comfort of there own shop. I have a beautiful place you could rent, 1 mile from the beach.

Having worked in movies and television and video for over 20 years I could use a "working" vacation....Let me know if you want a "collaborator".

Thinking..., thinking...

Gerald, come to Boston! It is a balmy 2 degrees F this morning. We are up to 18 so I am ready for a quick dip in the ocean

OK, I'm ready to get the ball rolling on this if there is enough interest.

I think it would be prudent to start with say a 2 or maybe 3 day class, that way it could be on a weekend or a Friday, Saturday, Sunday. I have the weekends of March 20-22 and March 27-29 open.

I like the idea of 4 or 5 students at a cost of around $200 per student per day, but I am open to suggestions.

So, if you are interested, please respond to me via e-mail (click my name on the left, my e-mail address is listed in my profile), with as much info as you care to impart, but at least with the following:

Preferred dates.
    Preferred number of days.
    Desired level of focus - beginner, intermediate, advanced.
    Types of projects you are interested in learning about.

Sorry I can't make any promises about the weather (except that we will have some) and I'm not near a beach, but I can guarantee that you will have your fill of Shopbot specific toolpathing, programming, cutting and general learning.

Any takers?