Thread: Software recommendations

Default Software recommendations

I am getting a new computer setup here at work and need some suggestions software wise. I have PartWizard to do tool paths and Cut3D. I would like to upgrade. ArtCAM Pro is way to expensive for us. I was trying to figure out if Aspire will let you do simple cutting and V-carving? Do you think it is a good overall Bot solution?

Thanks!

I don't have Aspire but I do use V-Carve all the time. Very useful, handy, productive, easy to use program.
    If you do any 3D work, Aspire does all of what V-Carve does and 3D work also.
    You can't beat the software and service/support you get from Vetric.

This link will show you what each of the Vectric products can do so you can decide which one is best for you.

http://www.vectric.com/WebSite/Vectr...omparision.htm

Hey Michael. Software depends on what you intend to do with the machine. I use Aspire but I do alot of 3d design work with my projects and aspire is what I need. If you intend to do vcarving and just want to add some 3d designs from available 3d clipart then I would say vcarve would do you just fine. Vcarve and Aspire are alot alike but aspire has more tools to create 3d parts yourself. I still buy some 3d designs because lets face it it takes to create them and James Booth is so good at it. I believe if you buy vcarve and then upgrade to aspire after if you find you need it, but check with vectric guys. Download the demos and test them out. You could also buy Partworks from Shopbot which is the same a vcarve but only has post processors for the shopbot machine. You will love upgrading from partwizard. Good Luck.

As a small shop owner and Aspire user, I reccomend Aspire, but as mentioned by Adrian, check out their Website. Easy to learn software (comes with video tutorials), great support, fair price. Check it out!

Thanks for the input. That chart helped. I think I am going to push for getting Aspire.

download the trial version and try it I think you will love Vectric's software.

If you have the current version of Partworks, it is basically Aspire but set up to only generate shopbot code.

D

What Dana meant to say is that the current version of PartWorks is the smae as V Carve Pro, but only works on a ShopBot. Aspire is required if you need 3D capabilities. Both Vcarve Pro and PartWorks can be upgraded to Aspire.
    Gary