Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Improved Laser Scanner setup

Really good job.

Is there other software programs that function like David Laser?

How much detail are you loosing in the low res save?

How big can you scan?

Thanks,

Richard

Hi Richard.. so far the best and very low cost software and hardware setup is David Laser scanner..They are improving it day and night...

I am doing scan with 900 x 720 resolution.. Whereas i get it save with 320 x 300 (just like that) resolution...

I can scan the big house if you can give me a big crane and some high power laser ;).. i have to make some big calibration panel..

I can also use Planless scanning technique in that software... in this technique i will make a calibration scan and then i can move anywhere and do repetitive scan without calibration panels...

Now just imagine..you can scan chunk by chunk and finally you merge all those scans you will get one big very high resolution scan..

Just in search of some more leaves..I saw Orange hanging in the home Lawn.. One orange with two leaves... I am using thick laser line with CAM view during scan..Its more than 6Px... and just see the orange peel effect..

Now should i eat it?.. Is it radioactive ;).. I don't wana be Hulk ;)

46910.jpg

Khalid,

The texture is incredible - and now that I understand how Aspire works with texture mapping I think I may have to pay more attention to your setup! Please continue to post such great ideas!

Mike

Mike..thanks you like it.. its the precision of this software and my setup that you are getting the tiny details like that very low depth texture pits on peels...

Its not my idea, i am just a user..thanks goes to David, Simon and Sven ;)

This is just awesome!

Have you been able to get a 360 degree scan of an object yet?

g.

Gene..No problem i can make 360 degree scan and can stitch it as accurate as can be done with commercial scanners... You will find no deformation and non-linearity in that stitching.. Currently i am just experimenting and tweaking the software..as soon as i get it tweaked, my next move will be make a CNC turntable and then i will make 360 degree rotation scans.. Currently i can do 360 degree by rotating the object manually and taking scans ...

46924.jpg

Richard, I'm in for a twenty. you want to coordinate? we could paypal you.

Sure ...but is there not someone who has an extra bit or two they could send to Khalid?

RIB

Extra bits? Guys at work would ask me if I had a extra cigarette. I said no I plan on smoking them all.
    Dan

Thanks Chris , Richard and Dan.. I just need one or two bits (not more than that...Greed is curse ;))...I have no bad luck with breaking bit
    .. My last bit ( that is still working) is more than 3-years old with a lot of Donkey work ;)

I watched the JIM carved Chess Pieces.. They are huge
    .. These Chess pieces were scanned by Guy Mathew, The master of scanning and 4th axis work.. He is really a great guy...He did some work on my above posted leaf, and that was excellent...
    I don't know what was the size of actual chess piece he scanned for the James Mcgrew AKA Jim?

Today i did a Fast scan (10 minutes) of a small toy... The toy is kept with needle for comparison.. It was a shiny and glossy so i missed some details especially the Chain at the head top...This chain and other details become more worsed when i saved them in low resolution OBJ file ( due to demo version)...

Nest time i will spray it with Dye Penetrant Developer .. i hope i will get a fine details of it...

46957.jpg

PS:
    1- These scans were saved in low-resolution due to Demo software limitations...

2- These are two scans merged...