Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My Improved Laser Scanner setup

I am reading David's Forum from a couple of years...But a tetra-couple of months ago,I tested this great software with a Free Version...Even my crude setup gave me very good results...I continued to improve my setup day and night and getting improved results... The time has come when my scans were so good that i was in need to save those scans in High Resolution mode..In the mean time Sven and Simon put their best in David, a planless feature, communication with COM and SL functionality...

I know that David is a very low-cost solution for all of us having Home-setup and hobbiest... and I also know that the great minds their are always thinking of increasing the functionality of this software.. The VISION of David team is great....

Furthermore, I saw many helping hands in this forum like Greg, Walter, Gunter, Mattia, Ray and all of the David community...

This compelled me to buy this great software..But the revolution didn't come in one day.. I started collecting money throughout the year to improve my setup and to buy this software...

and Today was the day of extreme happiness when i recieved the USB in a very good packaging.... Now I am able to scan and save in High Resolution Mode.. Thanks Sven and Simon and all the helping hands

48194.jpg

Khalid,
    The sky is the limit now! Your last scans are incredible! I look forward to your continued developments now that you have even better tools.
    Mike

I think its time for you to start carving some of these scans now khalid. We want to see a finished prouct! good going...

Thanks Mike...

I am currently improving my Hardware setup..My current setup is a little heavy... I want to make some very low cost and light weight portable setup...My experimentation proved the software is great...
    Some of my recent hardware addition is

1- A 1:60 ratio gear from Car Viper Motor scraped . Qty:01Ea ($5 US)
    2- Small steppers from salvaged Printers($13 US)..Qty:04 Ea)

and Offcourse I will put them in Hair Dryer ... Don't say this to my wife;)

48202.jpg

48203.jpg

48204.jpg

Hi,
    So far i was working on the control Hardware (electronics) for David Laser Scanner.. Following videos shows the electronic stuff completion for my Scanner..

Now i have to make a little box with 12V exhaust Fan on it...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd6dnXZheZA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5ai12jGbbo

Sorry for my bad English in the videos ...

Please do not apologize for your english. It is fine.

You are a very smart man.

Thanks Magic
    ... Yes only smart person can servive among the smart persons..

that is so cool.that really great work and a good video. I was wonder if you could use the parts from a flat bed scanner?

Thanks Frank and Yes .. I removed the cathode lamp from the flat bed scanner and controlled it with Arduino without using Relay..But the light was not enough to capture a good texture shot..

Soon i will put another video of whole setup working and controlling through David Laser Scanner software...

Here is a picture that i mounted on Car viper motor Gear box... You can see i made a cheap 1/2 dollar arrangment to bend Acrylic sheet with the help of heat...

49154.jpg