Thread: Moves too far

Default Moves too far

My bot is moving too far before it makes a cut. Then it cuts stuff too large. So, I checked it by giving the x axis a commad to move 6"...it moved 8 1/2. Same goes for the z. Something is set wrong in the software. I tired clicking "absolute" but that didn't help. Is it the "unit values"?
    Thanks
    Wayne

It is probably unit values. Start by doing a "return to default". if that doesn't solve it contact SB customer service with the info on your model, etc. to get the correct ones. If your bot has been "hot rodded" with different from original motors or pinions they will need to know exactly what you have now.

If this is a unit values issue, this happened to me when I first received my machine. If memory serves me, these are the steps I took to resolve the incorrect settings that ShopBot sent me.

1) Navigate to > [V]alues > [U]nit Values, write down your current settings or do a screen print. Just in case this is not the issue and you need to go back to the settings you currently have.

2) Navigate to [F]ile > [P]art file load > c:/Program Files > ShopBot > ShopBot 3 > Settings > PRS Shopbots > Open the appropriate folder, either PRS_alpha tools or PRS_standard Tools and ensure your "Files of type" is set to All Files (*.*), then double click on your appropriate model and click on the Start button to accept these values.

If you don't have a PRS*** at the Settings directory, there is a folder for older ShopBots.

3) Go back to your value units and see if they have changed and run a test on some scrap to check your cutting accuracy.

4) I recommend verifying these steps with Tech Support.

Thanks guys!
    I had contacted tech support twice...no response yet. I did find the unit values chart, counted the number of teeth on the racks, and based on that and that my stepper motors are 1/8'' step, I plugged in those values. The machine is back to normal now. Thanks again!
    Wayne