Thread: Table Saws

Default Table Saws

Does anyone make a Table Saw that swings past 45 degrees. I have the need to make 50/40 cuts and would like to do them on the table saw while I am cutting all the normal cuts.

Thanks
    Frank

I think you are going to have to figure out how to make jigs and fixtures to accomplish this. Rip a board at 5 degrees, position your board on it and add a 45 degree cut to it carefully! Again it may depend on width of board you are want to cut also.

Since I bought the bot, I use it as my saw, and have not used the table saw since. Its slower, but more accurate, and I can modify it to cut any angle I want. In addition I am not hand holding the material being cut, so it is vastly safer. As I stand out of the way when the bot is running.

I wrote an application to create simple "cut in X" or "cut in Y" tool paths. To use it you zero Z at the top of the secured material, and X&Y just off the side of the material so the plunges between passes happen in the air. (To be safe use a plunge bit.)

In case this example is useful to anybody here it is:

Shopbot Sawyer

ShopbotSawyer.zip (28.8 k)

I make no claim that this software is fit for any purpose at all, and assume no responsibility for any consequence to anything for anybody attempting to use it. No support will be provided.

Copy both the EXE and DLL into the same directory. If you act against good advice and use the software anyway you will find it generates a file named "cutit.sbp" in the same directory as the EXE. This is provided only as an example of how I use the bot as a replacement for my table saw.

Currently the program only cuts at 0 and 90 degrees, however this should show that it would be trivial to cut at any angle at all.

D

Dana, I know you said no support, but I can open it in Vista no problem but it wont load onto the XP machine, any tips?

Spoke to soon :-), thanks Dana, its loaded.

Frank...
    Make a jig to hold the taller panel and run the 50 degree piece vertical with the saw set at 40

Gary

Dana,

Would it be possible for you to post a pix of your setup?

Tom- I have posted pictures elsewhere on this forum of my bot.. there is nothing special about the sawing application, I hold the material down with clamps or vacuum and cut along X0. So its a matter of zeroing the XY at the point I want to make the cut and fill in the form in the software I posted here.

Is there something specific you need to see?

I change my holding fixtures on the bot for most everything I cut. I am not lucky enough to have one of the big bots that can be used with a "standard configuration".

Hope that helps-

D