Thread: Permission to deviate from SB - Account software

Default Permission to deviate from SB - Account software

May I deviate for a moment?

I planned to purchase quickbooks to do the accounting but the reviews were pretty negative especially in Credit Card processing which I may need..

My accounting really is the standard expenses, inventory, consumables, office etc... equipment.

could you tell me what you use?

thanks

My wife.

:-)

/RB

Hi Bob

I know several guys who use QB and they all seem pretty happy. I have been using it for almost 5 years. I just switched to their multi user multi currency deal--I would suggest buying it and NOT going on their monthly program like I did. I know that QB has plug in for UPS etc that can make things pretty speedy

I dont want to make too many suggestions as QB is quite a bit different for Canadians (like me eh) due to our tax system etc

PEZ

PEZ

qb is fine. Just get a book keeper right away so you enter the info correctly. Otherwise your book keeper will get to the end of the year and throw large items at you. I still have a bruise. Very important to document your receivables more than anything. Date received/deposited, who from, multiple deposits and record them against invoices. Do not do their monthly c.c. plan. Unless you have customers constantly asking to pay with c.c.'s you should stick to cash/checks. $37 per month adds up, plus you have to pay a percentage on each transaction. You can find a book keeper for 15-25 per hour freelancing anywhere.

Are you talking about Quick Books or Quick Books Point of Sale. These are not the same thing. We run a retail store and use QB POS for the check out area and QB Financial in the office. There are a bunch of companies that make POS software and hardware. The problem with QB POS is that if you want to run Credit Cards and have it all integrate neatly with your QB Financial than you have to use Quicken Financial Services (the credit card processor) and then you have to pay what ever they are going to charge you every time you swipe the card, monthly fee, and percentage of that sale.

I am looking at QB Pro. Normal price is $199 purchase but can buy for $99 on Amazon

I use QB pro and have used QB for 13 years. I use a separate company to process my credit card sales. I do really like QB as it meets all my inventory and accounting needs.

We switched last year to Quick Books Pro from Wife manually keeping records. The terminology is hard to get a grasp on unless you have an accounting background. We have used Quicken for our checking account for many years and thought that QB pro would be similar. Not at all. We are just finally getting the hang of it after a year of struggling. If you have someone to set it up for you this would be money well spent.

-D

Our accountant recommended QuickBooks. At the end of the year I can just e-mail him a copy of the Accountant file. Its easier than doing personal taxes.