Thread: Tough choice

Default Tough choice

I want to up-grade my operating system and controller software but after talking to the Techs at SB I wonder if there is a less expensive option. I found that the controller board, for my PR machine, (pictured) is only compatible with DOS and to replace it with one that will run in with XP or Vista would cost around $1500. I would like to run the new SB software on my machine and keep all the computers in my business on one operating system. I have three extra computers with Intel processers that I can hack up to make this work.I want to up-grade my operating system and controller software but after talking to the Techs at SB I wonder if there is a less expensive option. I found that the controller board, for my PR machine, (pictured) is only compatible with DOS and to replace it with one that will run in with XP or Vista would cost around $1500. I would like to run the new SB software on my machine and keep all the computers in my business on one operating system. I have three extra computers with Intel processers that I can hack up to make this work.

I did the upgrade and it was worth it. With the upgrade you get the support from Shopbot if things don't go as planned. Also they give you a warranty with it. Just the speed that you gain is worth the price.