Thread: Legacy 1800CNC and ShopBot Indexer

, Friday Harbor, San Juan Islands Washington

Default Legacy 1800CNC and ShopBot Indexer

Will Aspire write the correct code to a Legacy 1800 CNC? I have both a Legacy and a ShopBot Alpha. I am thinking of purchasing an indexer but would like to try my Legacy first. I Enjoy my ShopBot a lot more than my Legacy but see the possibility of saving some money since I have both. Can the Legacy do just about everything a Indexer can? If not can you please tell me what it can't? I know size of project is one problem but how bout toolpaths?

As far as making toolpaths I would assume any of the programs can make you a toolpath but you need to save it using the appropriate post processor. I believe the legacy is using mach 3 so you would need to save your toolpath with the appropriate postprocessor that will run under mach3. Maybe .nc or .tap?

Since the indexer will run most any of the files you can create the legacy should be able to do most of the same files.
    The only thing you can't do on a indexer that you can do on a legacy is a tapered spiral but i may be wrong. I think Christian Magro can do them but I don't recall how he did it.

legacy uses a mach controller and the vectric software will have this

Jack,

Tapered spirals are extremely easy to do with the indexer. I kept all of my forum material back when we were discussing it in a folder so it's always available if anyone needs it.

Hi Christian!

I lost everything in a HD crash so if it is something you could zip up and send to me i would appreciate it greattly. What have you been working on lately? Size is not a problem to send.
    Not to hijack daryls thread but didn't you write some type of program or wizard to be able to make your designs?

Also note that the post processor file format is completely documented. You can generate a post processor for CNC control systems that have not yet been created.

Writing your own post seems daunting, but if you look into it, the process is quite straight forward. There are lots of examples, and the documentation is excellent.

If you have any programming experience, it will be almost trivial. The post processor files are just a direct-substitution macro language.

Fear not- Aspire is worth every penny. Its not perfect, but its still great.

D

Hey Jack...I'll send you stuff off forum soon.

Christian

thanks...STRANGER!